Privacy is made easy for everyone with Wickr Me.
With Wickr Me, you can instantly connect with your friends 1:1 or in groups - now with fully encrypted voice calling, voice memos - new additions to the trusted end-to-end secure sharing of files, images, and videos. Take full control over who has access to your content and how long it remains accessible.
Users Trust Wickr Me for Their Most Critical Communications:
On Privacy & Security:
- Every message is encrypted with a new key using advanced vetted end-to-end encryption. Wickr never has access to your messages or your contact list.
- No phone number or email address is required to register on Wickr Me. Your address book remains private and is not stored on our servers.
- Wickr does not store any metadata associated with your communications.
- Wickr’s code, policies, and security practices have been verified by the most respected security research teams in the industry.
- Communicate in private groups of up to 10 users.
- Shredder – overwrites all deleted Wickr content on your device.
On Ephemerality & Crypto Policies:
- Open source code for transparency and audit by the crypto community and open for audit.
- Configurable Expiration Timer – Set the expiration time on all your messaging content.
- Device-to-device encryption - each message, file, and call (each 512 packets) are encrypted with a new key so it's near impossible to break.
- Wickr Messaging protocol enables strong end-to-end encryption and perfect forward and backward secrecy for user content. The source code is available here: (https://github.com/WickrInc/wickr-crypto-c).
At Wickr our mission is to provide a secure communication platform trusted by individuals, teams, and corporations, across industries, sizes and scale, to manage their most valuable communications. Wickr Me, our free (ad-free) flagship app, is the most trusted and secure messenger platform, powered by the world’s most advanced multi-layered encryption and ephemerality trusted by millions of users worldwide.
- general enhancements and bug fixes
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Can’t even write a message !
Updated app within the last 24 hours. At various stages throughout the day, I’ve tried removing app, reinstalling app, creating a new user etc... I start to write a message select my contact - hit the ‘create’ button, nothing happens. It refuses to let me write a message. Hours later, it decides to let me. Then it doesn’t.... what’s going on - this use to be a great app. It’s seriously frustrating. Lift your game!
Great app, easy to use
Stability is low and crashes are far more recurring. I'm hoping this will be rectified in hot fixes. Regardless, you made changes to the program that weren't really needed. Removing universal timers is at odds with your apparent company mission, and it's clear that you're too UI focused, when nobody needs a flash UI to send simple messages (both the last version and one from 2015 worked perfectly).
Updated review - crashing far less often. Please focus on privacy and remove usernames from push notifications. Great that you're introducing the unlock for messages again, but why remove it in the first place...? Will keep posted as updates are released.
Updated for latest release as of 02/09; certain features missing from release of this new client were introduced in a recent patch. Better control of message deletion and privacy. Kudos to the developers for getting active and listening to the community.
Updated review for release as of 24/9; I have to give it to the developers, your team have really turned it around in a short space of time. This update added core privacy features (notifications are cleansed of identifiers now), and showed a serious commitment to improving upon community concerns. Thanks.
Wickr - used to be so good
This was once my favourite app. I use it everyday to communicate with my friends. Since the revamp I'm finding that pictures won't send. I can receive them but not send them. Then suddenly I can again. This keeps happening at random times and is so so frustrating. So a 5* app I now struggle to rate 3*
I have emailed wickr about this but have heard nothing back. Happened in November and now right on Xmas. I've done all the updates as they've been released. I'm running ios 9.3.5 on an iphone6 so this shouldn't be an issue. Seriously if this keeps happening I will have to ditch this app which is such a shame because I love its security features. Please please fix it
- Wickr, LLC
- 227.5 MB
- Social Networking
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, French, Hindi, Russian
- Age Rating
- Frequent/Intense Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2012-2019, Wickr Inc.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.