Accessing Wikipedia has never been faster and easier than with Wikipanion, designed for easy, search, navigation and display of Wikipedia entries. Streamline your browsing with history grouped by visit date, and bookmarking that not only bookmarks individual entries, but individual sections within an entry. Featuring intelligent features such as:
- Table of contents browser that knows where you are in the page
- Multiple search methods including Smart completion with entry preview, Google searching and a full text Wikipedia search
- Dual language searching and language switching (hiding languages you don't care about)
- Bookmark, including bookmarking individual sections of pages
- History, grouped by last visit date
- Full in-page searching
- Wiktionary dictionary term looking without leaving the current page
- Table based category browsing
- iCloud syncing
- Image saving to the Photo library
- Ogg vorbis audio playback for dictionary pronunciations and other audio content available on Wikipedia
- Contextual knowledge for sending links to specific sections in a Wikipedia entry
- Easily turn on automatic focusing of the search field on launch
Tip: To scroll to the top of a Wikipedia entry, hit the title bar at the top of the iPhone's screen (this works in Safari too).
Second tip: Click into the search bar to cancel a page load request.
See the Wikipanion web site for more details about all of the available features.
Wikipanion is advertisement free.
Fixes title bar display on iPhones with smaller screens.
Ratings and Reviews
a great way to access wikipedia, MUCH better than using safari to do so. a couple of comments: if you want to edit articles, you'll have to browse the Safari version, although this is not necessarily a bad thing.
The custom font size slider is great, however it would be handy if you had a piece of text beneath the slider which resized at the same time so you instantly know how big the text will be, otherwise it is a matter of flicking back and forth between the pref pane and the app, quite a pain.
also, article info boxes would be better if they had borders or some sort of shading, and if they wrapped to the text.
Love this app and use it daily. I’d love to have a dark mode version for nighttime though!
has served me well but there seems to be an issue with skipping to a section
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Robert Chin
- 7.5 MB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires a Mac with Apple M1 chip and macOS 11.0 or later.
English, Arabic, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Ukrainian
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © 2009-2019 Robert Chin
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.