Find your next adventure! Ever wondered about the mysteries of Australia’s coast or subtropical rainforests? Take a peek inside a virtual ecosystem and immerse yourself in the sights and sounds of our natural landscape.
Welcome to WilderQuest - Nature Discovery, an initiative by the NSW National Parks and Wildlife Service.
There are 36 different native animals to discover and unlock. Track down critters including the Spotted-tailed Quoll, Regent Bowerbird, and Land Mullet with our camera viewfinder and create your very own photo album!
Some of the feedback we’ve had:
“This is amazing! It’s so real being able to look around like this in 360.”
“The forest looks 3D?! Great animal info, I’ve learned some interesting facts while playing this.”
“I feel a bit seasick but I can’t stop!”
How to play:
• Find a space - First of all, you’re going to need to find a space that you can move around a little. If you can stand still and swing your arms around, this is a good start.
• Standing up - The game is best played standing up and holding the iPad as if you’re about to take a photo of something in front of you.
• Move around – Standing on the spot, look around you with the iPad to find animals in their natural locations then zoom in to take a photo to earn points and unlock more information about that animal.
• Headphones - It’s also a good idea to wear headphones so you can hear where the animal sounds are coming from!
• Don’t play too long – have a stretch. Go outside and discover nature in your area. You never know what you’ll find!
As well as being a fun and immersive game, the WilderQuest – Nature Discovery app includes;
• 36 different animals to discover
• Animal information pages
• Videos about animals and locations
• Animal galleries with pictures of animals, their food and markings
• Maps and information about National Parks locations
To provide feedback and/or suggestions on the WilderQuest – Nature Discovery, please email, email@example.com
Updated with iOS 13.5.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
The game opens upside down and won't open any other way. So taking photos is incredibly difficult? Why can we not have the game so the cable is on the right side, landscape. And camera is left uppermost? This alone could turn me off playing such an inventive idea for Australia.
Great but glitchy
Hi guys, love this app! Especially the videos about indigenous use of plants..would love more slightly longer videos for the little ones that can't read yet. One problem...we're finding humpbacks in the the rainforest...and the rainforest critters seem to have disappeared. Looking forward to the polished product. The idea is fantastic! Love it!
- Office of Environment and Heritage NSW
- 290.4 MB
Requires iOS 13.5 or later. Compatible with iPad.
- Age Rating
- © NSW National Parks and Wildlife. All Rights Reserved
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.