NATURAL + INTELLIGENT NOTES
Take notes in your own handwriting and have them effortlessly converted into digital text with our signature handwriting recognition software. Create + write digital notes, documents, emails and more.
EASY AS WRITING ON PAPER
Create and edit text documents using the advanced handwriting recognition engine for text entry in landscape or portrait mode.
MAKE IT YOUR OWN
Change your app’s appearance by manipulating text, page, and ink colors using the customizable Styles feature. Our statistical analyzer even improves overall handwriting recognition quality by addressing common recognition errors. When enabled, WritePad learns your custom handwriting style as you go.
WritePad has a spell-checker with its own custom dictionary, a context analyzer, auto-corrector, and a Shorthand feature that fills-in words and phrases you frequently use, once entered into the Shorthand Editor. Improve productivity by utilizing inline gestures, spell checker, context analyzer, and shorthand features. You can also use simple gestures to select text, cut, copy, paste, and insert special characters.
COMPREHENSIVE DOCUMENT MANAGEMENT
Search your notes across all documents to quickly find the right documents and open them from the search results. Organize documents in folders using drag and drop. Export, email, tweet, and print documents directly from the app.
ALL YOUR NOTES, ALL THE TIME
WritePad lets you save and transfer notes over Wi-Fi from your iPad to another iPhone or iPad, or synchronize your notes with Box, Dropbox, iCloud, Evernote, SkyDrive, Google Drive, and iTunes.
TRANSLATE TO OTHER LANGUAGES
WritePad can translate your documents to 16 supported languages (see below).
Handwriting recognition is averrable as custom keyboard extension for the following languages:
- English (GB)
- Portuguese (BR)
Document Synchronization support:
- Google Drive
- WiFi (direct to device)
- iTunes (direct to PC)
Supported Handwriting Recognition Languages:
- English (UK, US)
- Portuguese (Brazil, Portugal)
UI translated to the following languages:
- Improved sync with Google Drive and Evernote
- Improved handwriting recognition (better word segmentation)
- Bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Does not work - stick to aps that don't try to recognize your hand writing
Save your money, after a month or so today I gave up using this app and uninstalled it today.
Try as I might, and train it as I might, it refused to recognize my (reasonable) handwriting. You can't use this for note taking: it's not reliable enough. You can't use it to write reports: typing is faster.
Verdict: there is a reason the Newton was scrapped:hand writing recognition was hard. Unfortunately it still is. WritePad is not your answer.
General Good, Room for Improvement
The app is great for capturing hadwriting and allowing many styles of display. It recognizes my handwriting pretty well, I am using the Maglus stylus from Applydea. There are a few letter that is seems to get hung up on a bit, but with a few small adjustments it works fine. I think 7notesHD Premium has better handwriting recognition, but I much prefer being able to write anywhere on the screen. I actually find myself opening up other apps and trying to use the handwriting recognition!
There are a few things that would improve the app:
It would be great if it allowed more export options such as to the Pages App and or OneNote (my preference over Evernote).
It is very annoying that in the MyDocuments view you get the option to create a new document when a folder is empty, but if the folder has documents in it you need to actually open one of these documents and only then can you create a new one!
Synching with Evernote can be problematic, it crashed on me repeatedly until I found one document that must have had some kind of special characters, but it was just crashing. Where it doesn't crash it gives you sync error messages, but does not tell you which note! You have to open Evernote and Writepad side by side and work out which one is missing!
Overall good for those who would like to write on their iPads.
Great app, which will be brilliant with some additions and bug fixes.
The handwriting recognition is very good, making the app not only fun but useful! However there are some important improvements I'd like to see.
1. I would SO like a 'delete all' button to instantly clear all text. (If you're worried about people pressing it accidentally, bring up a dialog asking if they really want to delete all.)
2. the 'select' option for bringing up handles to select a few words or sentences doesn't currently work. You can 'select all' but not some. Also options for what to do with your selection need to stay open. You should not have to tap the selection a second time to make them appear. I hope this frustrating bug is fixed soon.
3. It would be great to be able to quickly delete a whole sentence or phrase by drawing either a straight or jagged line through it. Currently this only works with the last character.
4. The first sentence needs to be placed a little further down the page. At the moment it's too close to the menu controls at the top and when you try to select a word you often inadvertently tap a menu button.
5. The ability to make the text SUPER large. This would enable people to write a quick message and then hold up the ipad for someone at a distance to read.
- PhatWare Corp
- 66.6 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © PhatWare Corp.
- In-App Purchases
- Medical Pack $7.99
- English Language Pack $4.49
- French Language Pack $4.49
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.