Xero Expenses helps small businesses manage all employee expense claims by simplifying and automating approval and reimbursements all in one app.
How your business will benefit from Xero Expenses:
- Capture cost as they happen: scan and submit expenses, company card and mileage claim anytime, anywhere. Approve employee expenses in one click.
- Save time with smart reconciliation: say goodbye to manual data entry and reconciliation. Xero Expenses automates every step of the expense management process.
- Monitor spend with real-time insights: make fast and informed decisions with powerful analytics providing trends & insights.
How Xero Expenses simplifies your expense process:
- Automatic receipt transcription: our OCR technology extracts all relevant info from your receipts
- Split expenses: your Admins can process claims more easily and accurately, which improves efficiency & expense reporting.
- Submit expense claims in any currency: make it easier to keep track of actual costs, maintain accurate records and reimburse the right amount to employees.
- Link expenses to Xero Projects or assign expenses to clients: easily see what expenses can be recovered from customers to get a better picture of cash flow.
- Track your mileage: use the map in Xero Expenses to accurately track and submit mileage claims to get reimbursed faster.
- Approve claims in one click: take control of your spending by automating & reducing your approver’s workload without losing grip over your company expenses.
- Submit expenses on behalf of others: process claims more efficiently and keep each other up to date.
- Reconcile company card transactions: choose between using company or personal funds when submitting a claim, so you can quickly identify which expenses need to be reimbursed.
- Fully integrated with Xero
- 2019 Data & Expense Management Software of the Year by UK AccountingWEB
- 2019 Expense Management Software of the Year by Digital Accountancy Forum Awards
Xero is a beautiful, easy-to-use global online platform for small businesses and their professional advisors. It’s cloud-based accounting software that connects people with the numbers anytime, anywhere. And it gives you powerful practice tools to efficiently manage compliance and offer a broad range of advisory services.
We started Xero to change the game for small businesses. Xero is now one of the fastest growing Software as a Service companies globally. We lead the New Zealand, Australian, and United Kingdom cloud accounting markets, employing a world-class team of more than 2,500 people. Xero has 2 million subscribers in more than 180 countries and seamlessly integrates with over 800 apps.
We've kept it up to date with some improvements and latest bug fixes to address some login issues to ensure you are able to make the most out of Expenses.
Ratings and Reviews
I’ve been using expense for some time now very useful to capture my receipt on the go. So if I lose them I know I’ve already upload them.
Was really great, then bad design decisions killed it
When first released it was awesome! Finally a receipt app that allowed staff to take a pic of a receipt and answer ONE simple question....’what was this for’ with downstream processes taking care of filling in the blanks.
Took a big down turn with a later release adding lots of mandatory questions before accepting receipt submission....why??
It’s now just like every other receipt app but worse bc the field staff need to know about accounting categories etc just to get the receipt captured.
Its also somewhat confusing and high friction because it says enter everything now (our staff will not have time or inclination or the info needed) or save as a draft for later but then its in limbo.
Please XERO PRODUCT MANAGERS put it back as was, or at least give the option in configuration. Then watch the app ratings improve . We went from full adoption to near zero after this ‘improvement’.
Users don’t object to paying extra for what saves time and money but the negative feedback is because this app is headed in the wrong direction and killed off what was awesome initial simplicity
Developer Response ,
Hi Chris, thanks for the candid feedback. We fully agree that the prior user experience was simpler and easier for employees. The new experience was developed based on feedback from business managers and admins who found they were spending more time correcting account selections and adding missing information that couldn't be extracted from the receipt. Our aim is to deliver a solution that makes expense creation effortless with a high degree of accuracy. To that end, we're working hard on some significant improvements to receipt analysis that should allow employees to submit expenses straightaway if all of the details can be extracted in short order. In the meantime, employees can choose the 'Save for later' option and wait for details to be auto-extracted. This takes less than 8 mins on average so we hope it won't cause too much delay.
Drops login and issues with face recognition
Last update causes issues with login and crashes sometimes when using face recognition. Have to log in manually by prevent camera from detecting your face.
App takes a very long time to process some receipts sometimes an hour later.
Also really need to be able to import digital PDF receipts via phones email. Airline tickets - car rentals all send PDF receipts an I don’t want to carry a laptop with me to load them via web.
If you try to take a screen shot of a PDF and upload it the resolution is no often fine enough to read. Also a problem taking a photo of a two or more page receipt.
Need a way to search for an entered receipt (without scrolling through hundreds of recipes) via the app as well as webpage (as a user not admin). Filtering via labels doesn't always work either.
Otherwise a great tool.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- User Content
- Usage Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Xero Ltd
- 91.3 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2019 Xero Limited
- In-App Purchases
- Xero with Projects & Expenses $83.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.