VAREX Smart Box control module for the Varex mufflers is one of XForce Performance Exhausts’ latest patent pending technologies. It brings the ultimate user experience of volume adjustable exhaust to the performance car enthusiasts. Through this technology, our users will be able to have full control of how their Varex exhaust systems sound and perform.
This XForce Varex App is the user interface for the Varex Smart Box Control Module.
***This App will work exclusively with the VAREX Smart Box control module.***
This app features:
You can now sign up for an optional XFORCE account that will extend the power of your VAREX SMARTBOX. Accounts are 100% free but are not required to continue enjoying your VAREX SMARTBOX.
With an XFORCE account, you can unlock these new features:
- Store Matrix profiles to the cloud and quickly load them on to your VAREX SMARTBOX.
- Store Geo regions to the cloud and quickly load them on to your VAREX SMARTBOX.
- Send diagnostic logs straight to your account, for quick and convenient assistance by our support team.
- Setup a new VAREX SMARTBOX or new phone in seconds! Just login and quickly load your Matrix and Geo cloud data.
- With more to come in the future.
Note: The VAREX SMARTBOX continues to be fully operational without an XFORCE account but we highly encourage you to check them out!
● Manual Mode: Manually adjust the valve position of the muffler to certain position/degree. Also features four preset positions which is Closed, 25%, 50%, 75%, Open.
● Matrix Mode: Set vehicle parameters range to trigger the Valve operation. Such vehicle parameter includes Engine RPM, Throttle Position and Vehicle Speed. Slider interface are utilized for the selection of those parameters range/band. Valve preset positions inside or outside the range/band can also be manually selected.
● Geo Mode: Create a geographic circle around an address of interest to trigger the valve to a certain position upon entering the circle. The valve can also be triggered to a certain position upon leaving the geographic circle and even trigger a change to Matrix Mode.
VAREX muffler technology:
The XForce VAREX muffler utilizes our patented technology to combine both the design of the stock muffler and the performance muffler into one single compact unit. A sophisticated butterfly valve mechanism is implemented to redirect the exhaust gas flow and vary between the two.
For higher sound level, the exhaust flows are directed through the opening path and produces maximum power with a robust sound level (or the “sports car note”) and near-zero resistance.
Whilst for lower sound level, the exhaust flows are directed through the chambered path (similar design with the stock muffler), and produces minimum sound level that gives you the best in-car comfort. Angle of the valve is also controllable, which can be adjusted to stop at various points between sports mode and silence mode. This gives you further freedom to set the optimal sound level according to your desired preference.
The latest VAREX Smart Box Control Module serves as a bridge between the users and the Varex mufflers. Through the App and the Module, the user will be able to fine tune the exhaust sounds and performance levels to suit different occasions and the user’s preferred driving styles.
- Improvements to manual mode responsiveness
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Defaults to closed valve every start up
The app works quite well however my only real fault I would say is that the valve defaults to closed on every startup. The varex system should remember last valve setting before switched off. It kind of gets annoying having to open the app every time I jump in the car to have a bit of noise and some better exhaust flow. I definitely would not push a car whilst the valve is closed as it feels restricted due to not enough flow. Xforce please resolve this issue and the smart box will definitely be smart. Would be a 5 star app definitely if I didn’t have to open the app on every start up.
Great app and product
This app works 100% as described and I’ve never had an issue (if only the mufflers themselves were as flawless). A couple of suggested improvements as follows, but these would just be tweaks to something that already works extremely well.
- allow changes to matrix and geo modes whilst car not running (and then upload when next connected)
- In matrix mode, show when each parameter is within band within a profile (to assist tweaking). Currently only indicates when a profile is active (when all 3 parameters are in band).
- Enable smaller adjustments to parameters within matrix mode (ie. less than 1000rpm band width).
Just needs Siri Integration
Great app that provides an easy alternative to either using the OBD input or the keys to change the valves. Although Bluetooth is very handy and the smart box connects quickly, it is a concern using your phone while driving. If the devs could add Siri integration to some of the standard features of the app, it would negate any reason to access the app while driving. This could also easily fit into Shortcuts to enable seamless control with some basic scripting. Either way a great resource and definitely impressed people when control of the exhaust can be handled to cleanly through an app.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.