Yoink simplifies and improves drag and drop between windows, apps, spaces and fullscreen apps, by providing a temporary "shelf" for your files and app-content.
It frees up your mouse, enabling you to navigate more comfortably to the destination of your files.
When you start dragging files in Finder or content from an application, Yoink fades in at the edge of your screen, allowing you to drag to it.
While Yoink is holding on to your files for you, you can more easily and comfortably navigate to the destination of your files, without having to keep the mouse button clicked the entire time.
Overview of Yoink's main features:
- A "shelf" at the edge of your screen for files and app-content you'd like to move or copy, which behaves like Finder (regarding moving and copying)
- Yoink follows you everywhere - windows, spaces and (fullscreen-) apps
- Icons are created using QuickLook, allowing easy identification
- Multiple files dragged to Yoink at once are condensed into a Stack, making it easy to drag them out together
- System Services, the Quick Action and Share extensions allow storing files in Yoink without having to use drag and drop
- Handoff to transfer files between all the Macs, iPads and iPhones you're using Yoink on
- Clipboard History, which lets you store previously copied content in Yoink, or copy again
- Highly customizable - you decide where, when and if Yoink appears
- "Share" to and from Yoink
For further information and usage tips for getting the most out of Yoink, please visit its website.
Here's what customers say about Yoink:
"Essential. One of the few apps I use all the time." - Kraznoff, US App Store
"Simple, elegant, perfect. This is a fantastic app. It works flawlessly". - Benwiggy, UK App Store
"Handiest utility I ever purchased." - Nrgwise, US App Store
Here's what members of the press say about Yoink:
"Yoink is a terrific utility" - John Gruber, DaringFireball.net
"Yoink is a fantastic way to enhance drag'n'drop. Highly recommended." - Federico Viticci, MacStories.net
"Yoink is an awesome drag and drop utility for the Mac and is instrumental to me when working with full screen apps." - Jeff Benjamin, iDownloadBlog
"I absolutely love this little utility, it's one of the few I've come across that has had staying powers on my Macs." - James Dempsey, The Graphic Mac
Some features may require a more recent version of macOS, or the separately available Yoink app for iOS:
Handoff from Mac to Mac requires macOS El Capitan 10.11 or newer on both Macs
Handoff to/from iPad or iPhone requires separately available Yoink app for iOS
Quick Action and Continuity Camera requires macOS Mojave 10.14
If you have any feedback or questions, please do not hesitate to write me by mail at email@example.com, or on twitter at @YoinkApp or @eternalstorms.
Improvements in Yoink v3.5.8:
- When copying snippets or weblinks, instead of the file path, the URL or snippet content is copied
- Option-click an entry in Yoink's Clipboard History Today Widget to send to Yoink instead of copy
Bugfixes in Yoink v3.5.8:
- Fixes a bug that caused Yoink's Clipboard History Today Widget's file icons to draw incorrectly
- Fixes a rare crash during Handoff, when Handoff was cancelled before the window was fully loaded on Mac
- Fixes a bug where tooltips would sometimes show up inappropriately
- Fixes a bug on macOS Catalina that caused many apps not to appear in the "Ignored apps" UI
- Ignores the com.apple.drawing file type for now when importing a Sketch from an iOS device
- Fixes an error message that could appear when importing a photo using Continuity Camera
- Fixes a minor issue regarding the "File moved to Trash" popover
If you're enjoying Yoink, please consider leaving a rating or a review of the app - it would mean a lot to me and help me out quite a bit. Thank you.
If you're interested in my apps and their development, or my life as an indie developer, I'd like to invite you to follow me on my blog (https://blog.eternalstorms.at), twitter (https://twitter.com/eternalstorms), facebook (https://facebook.com/eternalstorms) or instagram (https://instagram.com/eternalstorms).
Should you experience issues with Yoink or have any feedback or questions, please don't hesitate to write me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you kindly,
- Matthias Gansrigler
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Every single day this makes my life easier
Cutting and pasting between applications is always a bit hit and miss. yoink has made my workflows so much easier: gather the various docs and images I need to paste by dragging then drag them all into the target app. EASY! Love it!
Pretty disappointed really
I thought I'd use this app occassionally but in those situations it would be really helpful. However only a few of those situations where I thought I could use this actually work. Often when copying text it pastes strange garbled stuff instead of what you're expecting. Or you go to drag the text into a field but it won't drop in there. Who's fault that is I don't know? Maybe Firefox can't handle text being dropped in by the mouse? Either way, it doesn't work in situations I fully expected this would work in - the reason why I bought it. So I've used it twice and its marginally an efficiency gain. Sorry, I wanted to like this app, but its pretty useless to me.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your feedback on Yoink. I'm sorry to hear about your negative experience with the app.
Please mail me (email@example.com) so I can get a better understanding of your issues and hopefully iron them out with a future update - thank you.
With kind regards,
Hi, I don't know where else I can write to to provide feedback or ask questions so I'll do so here. Recently downloaded this and I do love it, but there isn't an option to have yionk temporarily disappear when items are on it. The result is that I have to keep shifting it so I can use my program. If there is already this setting, I can't find it. If there isn't, can you update it so it can do that? That would be 5 stars from me then.
Developer Response ,
You can reach app developers by clicking the "App Support" button on the app's page on the Mac App Store.
Please do kindly write me at firstname.lastname@example.org for further feedback or questions.
As for hiding Yoink, you can use its keyboard shortcut (by default, F5), to hide and show Yoink whenever you (don't) need it.
With warm regards,
- Matthias Gansrigler
- 22 MB
OS X 10.10 or later, 64-bit processor
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2011-2020, Eternal Storms Software
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.