Enjoy food journaling again with Ate! Just 3 taps to save a meal. Pause for a second to reflect on what, where, when, and why you ate. Make lasting changes this year!
Ate Food Journal helps you build a sustainable and healthy lifestyle. It slows down the eating process and lets you reflect on what works for you. Helping you create new long-term habits that promote your health.
Why we built Ate
With all the distractions and stress in our lives, it's easy to eat mindlessly. Often it’s hard to remember what and why we ate.
Mindless eating has an impact on health — physical, mental, and emotional.
Diets and other quick fixes don’t work in the long run. Sometimes they even cause more stress and frustration.
Ate was built with this in mind. It’s a nonjudgmental mindful diary that is thoughtfully designed to help increase self-awareness of eating habits, behaviors, and feelings. Ate is an easy to use food journal built around positive reinforcement. It fits easily into life and is a joy to use. Ate reveals existing healthy behaviors and shows how to turn them into healthy habits. Ate also provides guidance on how to turn unhealthy habits into healthy ones.
Ate worked with health professionals around the world and built this app on journaling techniques that have been proven over decades.
Make lasting changes this year with Ate!
Ate makes it easy to
- Quickly capture meals using photos.
- Record where, when, and why you ate.
- Quickly glance at the most recent meal, using Widgets.
- See the exact time and how long ago you ate.
- Build sustainable healthy behaviors for lasting change.
- Experiment with new habits, to see what works best.
- Look back on previous eating experiments, to see how it felt.
- Automatically track fasting (IF 16/8).
- Share the journey with friends or a coach.
- Stay connected with friends through food.
- Start conversations around meals or just send them some love.
- Share your meal images with each other directly in the built-in chat.
- Share the day on Social media, if desired.
- Export stats and entries as a beautiful PDF.
- Share Timeline/Profile via the web (read-only).
- Customize Q&As under meal details for more personalized tracking.
- Use giant Emojis to answer self-written questions for easy selection and fun.
Ate also enables logging and reflecting on other areas of life
- Record Beverages (Water, etc.), Movement, Emotions, and daily Notes.
- Log Measurements (Body Weight, Blood Pressure, Blood Sugar Levels, or Cholesterol)
- Sync it with Apple Health (Water, Movement, and Measurements)
Mindless eating is a thing of the past with Ate!
Start food journaling today with the #1 Mindful Photo Food Journal — Ate!
Ate does not run ads.
Ate does not share personal data with others, ever.
Ate respects privacy, as a top priority.
** Membership Details **
Ate is a subscription app that comes with a 7-day FREE trial for new subscribers.
Sign up for monthly or yearly auto-renewing plans which will start at the end of the FREE trial period. The subscription gives you full, unlimited access to the app- no hidden fees, gated features, or ads. It enables Ate to continuously provide new features and updates, while maintaining a private and secure environment for you to journal in.
Subscription processing is handled by Apple. Your credit card will be charged through your Apple App Store account when you confirm your purchase. Subscription renews automatically at the same price unless canceled at least 24 hours before the end of the subscription term. You can manage subscriptions in Account Settings in the Apple App Store after purchase. Refunds will not be provided for any unused portion of the subscription term.
App Store - What's New?
Keep it going with Ate. We squashed some bugs, tweaked performance in some places, and added a new customizable PDF export option! Stay strong, stay mindful, enjoy your path!
- Ate Lock Screen Widgets — help capture meals even faster or just see the last time you ate.
- Ate Discover section — expertly created articles, covering evidence based approaches to improving health and wellness.
- New Chat Attachments options to start more meaningful conversations.
- New Friend Connect with latest meal feed, meal zoom, new chat, and profile page.
- New Ate Widgets to capture everything faster.
- Hide Fasting option, if it’s not your thing.
- Pre-meal questions for quick reflections.
Love Ate? Rate it in the App Store!
Feedback is really important to Ate. It helps Ate become even better. Hearing actual stories from people who use Ate is an inspiration.
For Health Coaches!
Ate Coach is built specifically for coaches, based on feedback from coaches.
Questions or feedback are always welcome!
Reach out to Ate via the in-app support channel or via email (email@example.com)
Ratings and Reviews
Such a great alternative to calorie counting! I've been using it for a few weeks now and seen a natural reduction in portion sizes and zero guilt in eating unhealthy food as the amounts I eat are so much smaller than in the past. I'm losing weight without feeling deprived and feel in control. I've found in the past that calories counting is too restrictive and led to bingeing whereas with this app I've actually been able to stop a binge in its tracks. Looking at the images I've taken allows me to stop destructive binge-related thinking before it takes hold and I can continue with my day having eaten delicious food without beating myself up. The developers also email you a helpful newsletter every week (if you subscribe to it) with interesting articles and motivation that I really like.
I recommend this app to anyone who wants a simple tool to support a balanced approach to eating that they can maintain for the rest of their lives. Great app and keep it up!
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your kind words. Our goal was to provide a tool that fits into your life and allows you to maintain healthy habits in the long run. So we are happy to hear that you feel the same way about it. (Of course, we are not finished yet, more updates coming soon!) Also happy to hear that it has been helping you with portion sizes and eating better. Let us know if you have any more feedback and enjoy your path! (And tell more Australians about us. We need more of you on YouAte! :) )
Fantastic app for mindful eating
I love this app. It was exactly what I was looking for. As a person that struggles with my eating habits and patterns I recently decided to ditch the macros/calorie counting and focus on making better choices and being more mindful...while still keeping a food diary. This app was perfect as I didn’t want to be constantly writing things down. It also makes me stop and assess “why” I ate and “where” I’m eating, which has been incredibly helpful for me in assessing my patterns. I also love that it keeps track of how long between meals as this helps me to workout why I might have overeaten or when I’ll need to eat depending on when I want to exercise!
Another bonus is that you can add people to support you and/or your trainer so they can see what you are eating.
Great app! :)
I’ve been using this beautifully designed and user friendly app for about a week or more now to monitor how many meals I need per day to maintain optimum energy levels whilst not overeating. I am also using to to record meals soas to save time and easily put together meal plans based on what has worked well previously.
The third use that I have put it too is to monitor meals based on a health condition that requires a certain amount of certain foods per day. This app provides a great way to do that.
As a suggestion, it would be great to be able to pull out the headings from any given day or meal and create meal plans on the app ready to use for the next shop!
Otherwise 5 stars and love it. :)
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Health & Fitness
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Usage Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Piqniq Inc.
- 120.2 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2016 Piqniq, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Ate Food Diary - Monthly $9.99
- Ate Food Diary - Yearly $49.99
- Ate Food Journal - Monthly $8.00
- Ate Food Journal - Yearly $40.00
- Ate Food Journal - Quarterly $24.99
- Ate Food Diary - Quarterly $29.99
- Ate Food Tracker - Monthly $12.99
- Ate Food Tracker - Yearly $69.99
- Ate Journal Yearly membership $49.99
- Ate Journal Monthly membership $9.99