Your Window on the Past.
Get this FREE app and discover the past of the East Yorkshire region with historical photos & maps, brought to you by East Riding Archives.
Use the base map to find historical photos that were taken near your location and compare the past with the present using your phone or tablet.
Explore your immediate surroundings to see ‘what was here’, or simply browse the content at home, anytime, anywhere.
With the ‘What was here?’ app you can:
• ‘View map’ for self-directed exploration of historical photos & maps.
• ‘View trails’ to be guided on step-by-step heritage tours.
• Buy prints of selected historic images to frame on your wall, using links to our ‘East Riding Photos’ online prints service (www.picturearchives.org/eastridingphotos )
• ‘Contribute’ by suggesting refinements to photo locations, or donate your historical collections to East Riding Archives
New walking trail added.
- Surface Impression
- 16.5 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © 2019 East Riding of Yorkshire Council
- In-App Purchases
- Beverley Festival of Words USD 0.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.