Growl is the is ultimate notification system for the Mac. It's the easiest way to instantly know what is going on with other applications while you are busy working on something else, in real time or even when you step away.
One day we were working with pictures in iPhoto while having a conversation in Adium. While waiting on something important to come through in the conversation, we had to keep clicking back and forth every time an instant message came through. Even though we knew were getting a message we'd have to click back to the Adium window to see what was being said. The idea for Growl was born out of the frustration of being forced to click back and forth to see what was going on. The real time notifications keep you up to speed with everything you need to know. With smooth notifications and Growl's one of a kind rollup window, you'll always know what's going on even when you have to step away from your Mac.
So many more AWESOME features listed here.
• Personalize your notifications. Choose Growl's presentation, look and feels.
• Keeps working even when you are not. Come back to your mac and review what happened while you were gone with Rollup.
• Easy to use Applications tab for controlling what you receive and what gets blocked.
• Speech display for hearing your notifications, great for those who are visually impaired.
• Awesome notification history, so you can see what has been going on.
• A large variety of styles come with Growl. Anything from nano which is tiny, to music video which is huge.
• Make your own Growl styles very easily with web technology to give Growl your own look and feel.
• Send Growl notifications from Cocoa, AppleScript, or over the network.
• Networking so that two or more macs can forward notifications to each other.
• Can work with the iPhone and iPad via Prowl.
Growl is what you need. Millions of people love it, and you will too. Seriously!
- Fixes an issue on 10.9 where sending notifications to Growl will result in Growl logging "(null) doesn't have enough information…" whenever it receives an incoming packet.
- The on/off slider is more accessible now.
- Adds an improvement to how the selection of the default plugin worked in the displays tab.
Ratings and Reviews
The only reason I buy this is because of it remains usefull, and they deserve support for their work.
Till there the good things.
I did know the program had to become less good with its move to the app store.
I understand the reason for it, as it is stated on the net, but there are some things I want to point out:
- the icon in the task bar can't be removed. A pitty, becuase I want to have that 'clean'.
- an own app, not a pref panel anymore??? **** it, not happy. Probably the app store don't permit it. But that means it is in Launchpad, and is more prominent visible.
- If 1.3 is called 'progress', ok, but I feel a bit like a step backward. In the past it just was there, and it worked
I want my money back
Growl free: everything works, no hassle, no thinking, no paying, easy.
Growl goes app store, decides to ask money: no longer a system pref pane, iTunes (byte controller), Skype, and so many other apps simply don't register with growl anymore + growl seems to hang all the time.
Seriously: how much can you destroy a fantastic system plugin AND ask money for it. I'm waiting one week for an update and then I roll back and will file for a refund from apple. This is GARBAGE, wastes my time, and shouldn't have gotten through Apple's approval in the first place.
One star because no stars weren't available.
not working on lion and no support
Please take this application out of the store until the growl people provide proper support. It is unethical to charge for products that do not work.
- The Growl Project, LLC
- 6.8 MB
OS X 10.7 or later, 64-bit processor
English, Arabic, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, French, Friulian, German, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latvian, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Welsh
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2011 The Growl Project, LLC
- 4,49 €
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.