**Please note Halide is not free. We offer a 7-day free trial for annual memberships. Don't like subscriptions? You can also buy the app outright with a single in-app purchase.**
Halide is an App Store Editor's Choice, award-winning camera from the team behind Spectre, Apple's App of the Year of 2019. Its multitude of awards include iMore's "App of the Year 2020," Macworld's "Must Have Apps," The Verge's "Apps We Love," and The Sweet Setup's "Best Third-Party Camera App for iPhone."
Halide is the most powerful camera for iPhone with the most elegant, simple design — A pro camera for everyone.
This is a groundbreaking app for deliberate and thoughtful photography. With high-end tools, and a beautiful interface designed from scratch for the latest iPhones and inspired by the controls of professional cameras, Halide is your go-to camera when you want to really take a photo rather than a quick snapshot.
Use gestures in Halide to change exposure and manual focus with a swipe, or switch from its powerful automatic mode to manual shooting. Halide’s professional tools are the most powerful in the App Store, with XDR (Extended Dynamic Range) 14-bit RAW streaming waveform views, color zebras, focus assists like focus peaking and loupe, histograms, an adaptive level grid, and manual depth capture. Customize controls to adapt the app to your needs.
Halide’s ProRAW support* is unmatched. Strike the right balance between file size and editing latitude by choosing between 12-bit and 10-bit ProRAW, with or without JPEG sidecars. Effortlessly switch to native RAW, for greater detail and speed.
- Beautiful, intuitive gesture-based interface, usable with one hand
- Take portraits of pets and objects on iPhone XR and iPhone SE
- Manual focus, and powerful tools like a Focus Loupe and Focus Peaking
- Smart automatic mode with Halide Smart RAW, optimizing settings with Machine Learning for RAW files with less noise and more detail
- Full manual exposure controls including shutter speed, ISO and white balance
- Best-on-iPhone exposure tools: histograms, XDR 14-bit RGB waveform, and color zebra stripes
- Captures RAW, TIFF, HEIC or JPG for the best quality shots
- Grid overlay with built-in level
- A powerful reviewer to view DNG, JPG, HEIC and Live Photos, as well as Portrait depth data and mattes, with a detailed metadata view
- Instant RAW development process to quickly develop your RAW files in a tap
- Technical Readout to view all details of your iPhone camera hardware
- Apple Watch companion app for remote shooting
- Siri Shortcuts support to trigger the shutter remotely, or open Halide in Auto or Manual mode
- Coverage, a powerful new feature to take two photos with a small delay to capture both a maximum-Smart HDR processed image with Deep Fusion and Smart HDR, as well as a DNG RAW.
- Become a better photographer by signing up for comprehensive lessons like a 10-day quick tutorial right from the app.
- Private by Design: Halide does not include any trackers or tracking, has not third party libraries, does not collect data or photos, and never transmits any information. Halide also includes features to reduce spying by companies like Facebook by limiting location information on photos shared from the app.
- Feature limitations:
*ProRAW requires iPhone 12 Pro or Pro Max or iPhone 13 Pro and Pro Max
The Ultra Wide and selfie cameras do not support RAW or manual focus unless on iOS 15.
Waveform requires iPhone 8 or later. (8, X, XS, XR, SE2, 11, 12, 13)
Depth Capture requires iPhone 7 Plus, 8, X, XS, XR, 11, 12, 13 or SE2
We're hard at work on our next major Halide update. In the meantime we've got this small update that improves design details in our focus dial, toolbar, and settings. If you see anything else we could improve, let us know at email@example.com!
A Recap of our Last Big Update
THE NEW IMAGE RESCUE
Last year, we began hearing scattered reports users unable to save photos. We dug deep into the issue last year, and found that this was a bug within iOS, and not Halide. While there was nothing that we could do fix it, we did report the issue to Apple, who have *mostly* fixed the problem.
Still, we don't like the idea of any of our users losing photos, whether or not it's our bug. So we've updated our "Image Rescue" feature to deal with the problem. When iOS refuses to save photos, Halide will store a copy within the app, so you can just keep snapping. Of course we’ll show you a notification that something is up, but you're welcome to ignore the problem until later.
When you’re ready to get your photos out of Halide, just open our photo reviewer. You'll notice a big banner at the top explaining that we saved your photos. Tap on it, and we'll show you the photos we saved. From there, you can either try to save them again (because sometimes this iOS bug fixes itself) or you can tap the action button in the upper right to share them off your phone some other way, such as AirDropping them to your Mac.
While we were knee deep in rewriting our reviewer code, we used this opportunity to renovate our photo reviewer…
THE NEW GRID VIEW
Today we deliver a long requested feature: batch actions on photos. Just tap the "Select" button in the upper right, and then tap the photos you want to act on to select them. You can tap the Trash icon to delete them, or the Action button for... other actions. Like sending them to another app.
In the grid view, you’ll also notice that we show a heart over the photos you've favorited. This seems like a small thing, but it's super useful. After a shoot, you can just favorite the best photos, and use the batch selection feature to quickly delete the rest.
That’s not all— you can now long press on a single photo in the grid view to bring up a preview and context menu. You can quickly favorite, delete, or share a photo, or even open it in one of our supported editors.
Finally, we know it's a annoying when you're in the full-screen reviewer and want to go back to the grid view. You have to reach your thumb aaaaall the way to the upper left to tap that grid button. Good news! We've added a gesture! Just swipe *up* from your photo to jump into the grid view. Don't worry, you can still swipe *down* to return to the camera. Trust us, you use this new gesture for a while, you'll love it.
If you have any feedback for our next big release, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org. And don't forget to tag your photos #ShotWithHalide for a chance to be featured on our Twitter and Instagram. As we said at the beginning, we have a very exciting year ahead, and we hope these changes lay an exciting framework for what's to come!
Ratings and Reviews
Your iPhone and iPad have excellent cameras and the picture wizards at Lux Optics want to help photographers make the most of it with Halide Mark II. This camera app is designed around two principles: the kind of granular settings you’d expect from a professional DSLR, and a slick, one-handed interface that complements today’s devices.
Puike foto tool
Een foto app voor landschapsfotografie die nét dát toch meer heeft dan de andere apps (heb er verschillende uitgeprobeerd)!
De moeite waard om uit te proberen!
Ps. Neen ik heb geen aandelen, maar geef gewoon weer wat ik zie op foto! Dank aan het Halide-team! 👏🏻
Was about to pay this app when It was 9,99€ for the full app but now It's 10,99€ for a year and 39,99€ for a lifetime version, that's disgusting and a shame !
I will not consider buying it at all anymore, try other apps that can do as much as this one for up to three time less money !
Don't buy it or subscribe to it !
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Lux Optics Incorporated
- 23 MB
- Photo & Video
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2021 Lux Optics Inc
- In-App Purchases
- Yearly 12,49 €
- Monthly 2,99 €
- One Time Purchase 49,99 €
Some in‑app purchases, including subscriptions, may be shareable with your family group when Family Sharing is enabled.