Linky lets you easily share webpage links, images and text extracts to Twitter and Mastodon from your iPhone and iPad.
Write your post, choose which preferred social networks and Linky will do the rest! You can connect Linky to Twitter and Mastodon.
Linky's very own iOS Share Extension allows you to post messages without ever leaving third-party applications.
Want to share a webpage Link? Linky can insert both the url and the title of the webpage as required. Linky will suggest images related to shared links and can attach them to your messages. It can also shorten links, giving you access to further link analytics.
How about selected text in Safari? Linky's Web Clipper extracts selected text and carries it over to the composer sheet, ready for you to edit. You can also make a text shot from the text selection for sharing as a beautiful image.
What about a great photo? Share images easily from Photos app and third-party applications. You can also preview the shared image in fullscreen before sending it.
Share any text too! Bring up the extension, the text is copied in the message, edit if required and share. It's that simple.
Use Markup to annotate, crop and edit images inline. Write or draw on the attachment, or add arrows and lenses, or obscure sensitive information.
"Linky 5.0 removes friction from sharing links, quotes, and images. I appreciate the intelligent use of Open Graph and Twitter Cards to save even more time, and I'm a fan of the deeper controls Linky brings when compared to the default share sheet of Twitter. I can't recommend Linky enough." - MacStories
"Linky turbocharges sharing links and images to Twitter from Safari or other apps supporting iOS extensions." 4/5 - Macworld
• MacStories Must-Have iOS Apps, 2018 Edition
• MacStories Must-Have iOS Apps, 2017 Edition
• MacStories Must-Have iOS Apps, 2016 Edition
• MacStories Must-Have iOS Apps, 2015 Edition
• MacStories Must-Have iOS Apps, 2014 Edition
• Supports Twitter and Mastodon.
• Post messages simultaneously on multiple accounts.
• iOS Share Extension is integrated directly into Safari and many other third-party apps, allowing to directly share text, images and web page links.
• Add multiple images to your messages (animated gif images are supported).
• Image preview in fullscreen.
• Suggestion of images related to shared links.
• Share selected text in Safari as a text shot image.
• Convert music links from Apple Music or Spotify into a single link that works across different streaming service.
• Markup: annotate, crop and edit images inline. Available tools: Sketch, arrows, lenses, text blocks, pixelate, crop & rotate.
• Links, hashtags and mentions are color-highlighted when composing.
• Usernames are auto-completed when typing the @ symbol.
• Links can be shortened when the message is sent using bit.ly, CloudApp, Droplr, Goo.gl, and yourls.org (all link-shorteners require an account).
• Clipboard URL: If a URL is copied to the clipboard from another application, Linky will ask whether you want to use it.
• URL Scheme to launch Linky from other apps using the x-callback-url specification (in-app documentation and examples).
• VoiceOver accessibility for the visually impaired.
• Universal App (iPhone, iPad, iPad Pro).
• Designed for iOS 13 and the Retina HD Display.
• Supports iOS multitasking (Slide Over and Split View on the iPad).
• 3D Touch Peek and Pop in the message composer: peek at toolbar buttons (Link, Title, Text Clip) to get a quick preview and pop to insert in the message.
• Haptic feedbacks.
• Optimized for iPhone 11.
• Supports both portrait and landscape orientations on the iPhone and the iPad.
This update adds support for iOS 13 and Dark Mode.
# Bug Fixes:
- Fixed title parsing with Universal Music Links.
- Fixed issue where signing in with decentralised.social (Mastodon instance) would fail.
# Other Changes:
- Removed 1Password dedicated button in sign-in sheets because it's now built-in in iOS.
- Linky now requires iOS 12.4 or later.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Partager est devenu un plaisir
Grâce à cette nouvelle version, Linky me permet de partager des images, liens ou des textes très facilement sur Twitter et Facebook!
En plus, Linky supporte les pages Facebook. Un must pour les CMs!
A rip ! Do not purchase.
‘Text Shot’ does not work on Mobile Safari with Medium!
This is a shame, all the more since Medium has a built-in ‘Text Shot’ functionality when your Twitter account is connected to your Medium account.
If you need to create a Text Shot, you need a Mac. And there you don’t need Linky AT ALL.
But who is seriously on a Mac nowadays? I thought Linky developer was aware iOS is the present, not an hypothetic future.
I purchased Linky only to create Text Shots. I lost my money.
Developer Response ,
This is incorrect, making textshots from Medium in Safari is working. I just gave it a try to make sure. Note that you need to make a text selection in Safari before launching the app extension. You can find the guide explaining how to make textshots by going to the "Tips" section available from the app home screen. If it still doesn't work on your device, don't hesitate to contact us by email.
Best companion for twitter!
The best missing link between all the articles, websites, RSS feeds that you read everyday and that you want to share on social networks! Must have!
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.