musicIO : MIDI over USB between your iOS device and either a Mac or Windows desktop.
This is the MIDI-only version of musicIO, the only professional MIDI and audio-over-USB solution for iOS. This version is limited to MIDI, if that's all you need -- a bundle is available to upgrade to the full version of musicIO to get both MIDI and audio, without needing to change the desktop server.
Easily send MIDI between your iOS and desktop DAW. It's fully bidirectional, simple, reliable, and near-zero latency.
musicIO is a joint effort by three of the most respected iOS music app development teams. Confusion Studios makes MIDI Designer Pro, the most innovative MIDI controller platform for iOS. MIDI Designer is adored by users, loved by Music Industry press, and trusted on stages and in studios around the World. Audeonic Apps makes the pioneering MidiBridge app, an essential tool for routing and filtering MIDI messages on iOS; they also provide the MidiBus software library, which powers dozens of successful music apps (including musicIO). The Secret Base Design team has built a range of pioneering apps providing high-speed MIDI and audio connections over Bluetooth LE and WiFi, as well as unique signal processing apps.
The three teams have joined forces to build the only fully integrated USB audio and MIDI solution that doesn't require additional hardware. It's been in development for months, from developers with decades of experience. musicIO lets your iOS device become an integral part of a modern professional music production system.
• Send & Receive MIDI between any CoreMIDI apps over USB (Lightning or 30 pin) with no perceptible latency nor jitter
• Large sysex messages (eg. bulk dumps) handled seamlessly
• Choose "send to" ports (OSX and iOS)
• Choose "receive from" (OSX): route MIDI from anywhere to your iOS device
• BridgeClock, a ground-breaking inter-device MIDI-clock-synchronization technology, provides jitter-free sync between platforms
• musicIO is designed to work with iOS 7 or newer, OS X 10.7 or newer, and Windows Vista, 7, and 8 should work, but we recommend Windows 10. Please check VST compatibility with your Windows DAW; Audio to a PC is transferred in 32-bit stereo, at 44.1khz. The Mac can also handle other audio sample rates.
Download the free, companion app and plug-ins from the the musicIO web site (musicIOapp.com/mac) and get connected in no time. See the demonstration video: musicioapp.com/vid120
Please let us know what you think and how you're using musicIO! feedback [at] musicIOapp.com
Added support for MidiTV. Send MIDI from your iOS device to the Apple TV.
Added a switch to disable ahead-of-time MIDI scheduling, for connections to Windows PCs.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.