N26 is The Mobile Bank, Europe’s first completely mobile bank, trusted by more than 3.5 million customers. N26 gives you complete control of your financial life on your phone. Download the N26 app now and open an account in minutes. Get a Mastercard, make contactless payments on your phone, enjoy features such as Spaces sub-accounts for organising your finances and choose from a range of standard or premium membership bank accounts. N26 makes your banking experience simple, enjoyable and transparent.
- MoneyBeam – send instant cash transfers to contacts, using just an email address or mobile number
- Spaces – create sub-accounts for all your goals to making savings and budgeting easier
- Apple Pay – make quick and easy payments using your Apple devices in stores, online and in apps
- Real-time push notifications on your account activity
- In-app card control to lock or reorder your card, enable payments abroad and online transactions, and set withdrawal and payment limits
- Automatic spend categorisation
- N26 current account with Mastercard debit card
- N26 You: use your personalised card anywhere in the world, in any currency, with zero fees or markups
- N26 Metal: our exclusive account with a choice of metal card for premium benefits
Safety & Security:
- Your money is protected under EU regulations up to €100,000
- Your personal data is safeguarded as per data protection requirements
- Your transactions are 3D Secured for additional authentication and fraud protection using Mastercard SecureCode
N26 already has more than 100,000 five-star reviews worldwide and has been featured internationally by publications like TechCrunch, WIRED, The Financial Times, Forbes and many more.
We’ve fixed some bugs to make your banking experience even smoother. Happy upgrading!
Ratings and Reviews
Hi , I mainly do my finances with my iPad. Why isn’t there an iPad version of the app? It’s so annoying to have to use the scaled iPhone app...
Developer Response ,
Hi there, thanks for taking the time to let us know. We take this sort of feedback very seriously, so we will be passing this on for you.
Outlining where you think we can improve helps us to prioritise where we need to improve, so we appreciate this. It may also be a good idea to email: ideas@N26.com as this helps us to prioritise upcoming projects.
Pretty good for a free mobile bank!
Opened a free account here recently, observations:
- really free under normal usage (eg max 5 ATM withdrawals per month)
- excellent exchange rates
- decent mobile app (+ website!)
- easily save/organise money using “Spaces”
- push notifications for all account activity
- debit MasterCard
- Apple Watch app is broken (crashes 80% of the time; large complication shows wrong info, small complication is just a logo and doesn’t show account balance, like e.g. Revolut does)
- Maestro card not available in Belgium, where MasterCard is not accepted most of the times at local merchants... unfortunately, this is a pretty big deal and in practice forces you to use N26 as a ‘secondary bank account’ only, since you always have to carry another Maestro card from another bank with you
- Can only top up through bank transfer (or from other N26 users; no other instant top-up options)
- App appears to be a bit buggy at times (requiring to login again using long password instead of Touch ID, overlapping UI elements on the main screen, ...)
- you can only keep 2 Spaces on the free account (need to upgrade for more)
- No Apple Pay yet in Belgium (and no info on when it will be available)
(also, yesterday I used my card at a store and a few minutes later took some cash out of an ATM; didn’t get any notifications for either transaction and it took 2 hours or so before the app showed the correct updated balance; not sure though if this is a one-time issue or if it will happen more frequently)
Developer Response ,
Thanks for taking the time to let us know and specifically outline the issues you have with the app. We take this sort of feedback very seriously, so we will be passing this on for you.
Great app!!! Great technology!!! ... but can anyone tell me how to use my Fitbit to pay...???
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.
Get things done within this app using just your voice.