Rediscover the joy of reading your favorite writers with Unread, an RSS reader with beautiful typography, comfortable gesture-based navigation, and a variety of color themes.
UNREAD CLOUD: Unread Cloud is a feed retrieval and syncing system for Unread. Create or log in to an Unread Cloud account on all your devices via Sign in with Apple. With an Unread Cloud account, our servers retrieve articles from feeds, and your device retrieves those articles from our servers. This makes refreshing your account fast, reduces the battery power and bandwidth required by your device, and ensures that you do not miss articles when your device is offline.
OTHER SYNCING OPTIONS: In addition to Unread Cloud, Unread can sync with your Feed Wrangler, Feedbin, Feedly, Fever, Inoreader, or NewsBlur account.
AUTOMATIC WEBPAGE TEXT: For feeds that contain only article summaries, Unread can display the full article text from the webpage. You can switch between feed text and webpage text for any article. You can make webpage text the default for individual feeds.
COLOR THEMES: Unread provides a variety of different color themes. Choose one theme for light mode and another for dark mode.
WIDGETS: Unread’s widgets display your most recent articles or unread article counts.
CACHING: Unread caches webpage text and images for instant loading and offline access. (Subscription required.)
HARDWARE KEYBOARD SUPPORT: Unread’s keyboard navigation capabilities and keyboard shortcuts make it a joy to use on an iPad with a hardware keyboard. Unread is also optimized for the trackpad and mouse on the iPad.
READ-LATER SERVICES: Unread provides native support for saving articles to Instapaper, Pinboard, Pocket, Raindrop.io, and Safari Reading List. (Subscription required.)
“What makes us such huge fans of Unread is the fact that it is a good, old-fashioned RSS reader in the mold of the early App Store days. It gets you to the content you want and immediately gets out of the way so that you can do what you went there to do: read words.”
– Oliver Haslam, How-To Geek
“Unread carries a strong history as one of the top RSS clients on iOS, and version 2 ensures that will remain true for a long while yet.”
– Ryan Christoffel, MacStories
“Unread is focused on eliminating chrome — it is a pure reading app. It’s like reader mode all the time, and the assortment of color themes is nicely curated.”
– John Gruber, Daring Fireball
Unread has full VoiceOver coverage. Every screen and every feature is available to users with vision impairments:
• From any screen you can perform a magic tap, a two-finger double tap, to open a menu of options available for that screen.
• When on an article list, there are actions available for each article in the list. After selecting an article, invoke the accessibility rotor and then select “Actions”. There is an action to mark the article read or unread, an action to share the article, and many others.
• Use the VoiceOver escape gesture, a two-finger “Z”, to back out of the current screen.
Unread is a free app. Additional functionality is available with a $19.99 (USD)/year auto-renewing subscription:
• Widget customization options.
• Article actions for sending articles directly to supported bookmarking and read later services, and for sharing via email or iMessage.
• Caching of webpage text and images.
• Custom app icons
• Premium support.
A subscription automatically renews unless it is canceled at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. Your account will be charged for renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period. You can manage and cancel your subscriptions by going to your account settings on the App Store after purchase.
Keyboard Shortcut Changes:
• This update _removes_ `command-w` as a keyboard shortcut for backing out of the current screen. This is an important forward-looking compatibility change. Instead, use left arrow, command-period, or escape to back out of the current screen or to dismiss the swipe left menu.
• The primary keyboard shortcut for marking an article read or unread is now `m` (with no modifiers). The keyboard shortcuts `u`, `r`, and `command-shift-u` now also mark the article read or unread. The previous keyboard shortcut for marking an article read or unread will also work when possible.
• The primary keyboard shortcut for saving/starring or unsaving/unstarring an article is now `s` (with no modifiers). The previous keyboard shortcut, `command-s`, still works as well. This update also adds `l` and `command-shift-l` as alternative keyboard shortcuts for saving/starring or unsaving/unstarring an article.
• This update fixes bugs around showing the search field via keyboard shortcut.
• This update adds improvements to the heuristics used to determine whether an article is a linked list article.
Ratings and Reviews
I really like the automatic webpage text feature. Definitely worth the upgrade.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- User Content
- Other Data
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- John Brayton
- 20.9 MB
- Requires iOS 15.5 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 15.5 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 15.5 or later.
- Age Rating
- 17+ Unrestricted Web Access
- © 2022 Golden Hill Software. All Rights Reserved.
- In-App Purchases
- Unread Annual Subscription 19,99 €
- Unread: Free first year 19,99 €
- Unread Monthly Subscription 2,99 €
- Unread: Discounted first year 19,99 €
Some in‑app purchases, including subscriptions, may be shareable with your family group when Family Sharing is enabled.