Capturas de tela do iPhone
Downtown Lawrence is a vibrant shopping, retail and entertainment district in one of the most unique and picturesque cities in Kansas. Over 190 different businesses call Downtown Lawrence home, including individually-owned specialty stores, national retail chains, restaurants, bars, cultural institutions and service businesses. "Mass Street" and the surrounding area serves as the retail, service, professional, governmental, entertainment and social center of the Lawrence community.
- Opt-in to push notifications for instant info, breaking news, and special announcements about all the great things happening in Downtown Lawrence.
- View full the full listing of local restaurants, bars, stores, hotels, services, entertainment and art options, and more.
- Keep tabs on all the great things coming to Downtown Lawrence via our up-to-date events calendar. You can even create your own personalized itinerary so you don't miss a moment of the fun and surprises Downtown Lawrence offers.
- Parking info? Frequently asked questions? We have the latest and greatest info you'll need to make your visit or stay easy.
- Don't forget to make a memory or two using our camera. Snap a pic, add a Downtown Lawrence-themed badge or frame, and share it via Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and more.
- And much more!
For more info about Downtown Lawrence, visit downtownlawrence.com.
ABOUT LAWRENCE, KANSAS
Settled by members of the New England Emigrant Aid Company on August 1, 1854, what is now the town site of Lawrence was forged on the anvil of the Civil War. During its Territorial days, Lawrence was defended by John Brown in the 1855 Wakarusa War, sacked by sheriff Sam Jones in 1856, and was designated the free state capital of the Kansas Territory from 1857-1860. At least 143 men were massacred on August 21, 1863 when Lawrence was burned to the ground by the pro-slavery forces of William Quantrill. Much of the town was rebuilt following the raid, and some of those buildings still stand; bronze plaques mark the most significant historic structures. Exhibits of those pioneer years and Lawrence’s free state heritage are on display at the Watkins Museum.
Today, Lawrence is the home of the University of Kansas, Haskell Indian Nations University, a thriving business community and over 90,000 residents.
Besides Downtown Lawrence's annual holiday decorations you see every year on Mass. Street, it also plays host to many special events throughout the year, including the Annual Downtown Lawrence Sidewalk Sale, Downtown Lawrence Restaurant Week, Dinner & A Movie Downtown Film Festival, Halloween Trick or Treating, the Holiday Lighting ceremony and Santa Rescue, and Winter Wonder Weekend.
They also co-sponsor or support, many other Downtown events, including Final Fridays, That DAM Beer Event, Kansas Craft Brewers Expo, Lawrence Busker Festival, Oktoberfest Lawrence, The Old Fashioned Christmas Parade, Free State Festival, Tour of Lawrence, Downtown Shot Put, KU Homecoming Parade, Zombie Walk, and Rev It Up Hot Rod Hullaballoo.
Downtown Lawrence is the heart of the city and a community gathering place for everyone, a place that believes in the health, safety, support, equality and inclusion of all people. It is this diversity that has created a vibrant business, entertainment, and arts and culture district.
New camera frames and badges for Lawrence Restaurant Week, January 18-26, 2019. Visit LawrenceRestaurantWeek.com for more info.
- Propaganda3, Inc.
- 109 MB
Requer o iOS 9.0 ou posterior. Compatível com iPhone, iPad e iPod touch.
- Classificação indicativa
- Referências infrequentes/moderadas a álcool, tabaco ou drogas
- © Propaganda3, Inc.
Até seis membros da família poderão usar este app com o Compartilhamento familiar ativado.