**Please note Halide is not free. We offer a 7-day free trial for annual memberships. Don't like subscriptions? You can also buy the app outright with a single in-app purchase.**
Halide is an App Store Editor's Choice, award-winning camera from the team behind Spectre, Apple's App of the Year of 2019. Its multitude of awards include iMore's "App of the Year 2020," Macworld's "Must Have Apps," The Verge's "Apps We Love," and The Sweet Setup's "Best Third-Party Camera App for iPhone."
Halide is the most powerful camera for iPhone with the most elegant, simple design — A pro camera for everyone.
This is a groundbreaking app for deliberate and thoughtful photography. With high-end tools, and a beautiful interface designed from scratch for the latest iPhones and inspired by the controls of professional cameras, Halide is your go-to camera when you want to really take a photo rather than a quick snapshot.
Use gestures in Halide to change exposure and manual focus with a swipe, or switch from its powerful automatic mode to manual shooting. Halide’s professional tools are the most powerful in the App Store, with XDR (Extended Dynamic Range) 14-bit RAW streaming waveform views, color zebras, focus assists like focus peaking and loupe, histograms, an adaptive level grid, and manual depth capture. Customize controls to adapt the app to your needs.
Halide’s ProRAW support* is unmatched. Strike the right balance between file size and editing latitude by choosing between 12-bit and 10-bit ProRAW, with or without JPEG sidecars. Effortlessly switch to native RAW, for greater detail and speed.
- Beautiful, intuitive gesture-based interface, usable with one hand
- Take portraits of pets and objects on iPhone XR and iPhone SE
- Manual focus, and powerful tools like a Focus Loupe and Focus Peaking
- Smart automatic mode with Halide Smart RAW, optimizing settings with Machine Learning for RAW files with less noise and more detail
- Full manual exposure controls including shutter speed, ISO and white balance
- Best-on-iPhone exposure tools: histograms, XDR 14-bit RGB waveform, and color zebra stripes
- Captures RAW, TIFF, HEIC or JPG for the best quality shots
- Grid overlay with built-in level
- A powerful reviewer to view DNG, JPG, HEIC and Live Photos, as well as Portrait depth data and mattes, with a detailed metadata view
- Instant RAW development process to quickly develop your RAW files in a tap
- Technical Readout to view all details of your iPhone camera hardware
- Apple Watch companion app for remote shooting
- Siri Shortcuts support to trigger the shutter remotely, or open Halide in Auto or Manual mode
- Coverage, a powerful new feature to take two photos with a small delay to capture both a maximum-Smart HDR processed image with Deep Fusion and Smart HDR, as well as a DNG RAW.
- Become a better photographer by signing up for comprehensive lessons like a 10-day quick tutorial right from the app.
- Private by Design: Halide does not include any trackers or tracking, has not third party libraries, does not collect data or photos, and never transmits any information. Halide also includes features to reduce spying by companies like Facebook by limiting location information on photos shared from the app.
- Feature limitations:
*ProRAW requires iPhone 12 Pro or Pro Max or iPhone 13 Pro and Pro Max
The Ultra Wide and selfie cameras do not support RAW or manual focus unless on iOS 15.
Waveform requires iPhone 8 or later. (8, X, XS, XR, SE2, 11, 12, 13)
Depth Capture requires iPhone 7 Plus, 8, X, XS, XR, 11, 12, 13 or SE2
HALIDE FOR IPHONE 14 PRO AND IPHONE 14
Please welcome Halide 2.9! This update brings the most powerful camera app to new heights with support for 48 megapixel ProRaws, 48 megapixel HEICs/JPEGs, and more. With faster capture and smaller file sizes, Halide is the perfect companion for the iPhone 14 and iPhone 14 Pro.
WHAT’S NEW: 48/12MP PRORAW
You can now capture ProRAW in 48 or 12 megapixels on iPhone 14 Pro, including with manual settings. Like all of our ProRAW support, you can choose between maximum quality or lower file sizes, and you can decide just how much processing you want on the image. Note: due to limitations within iOS, native RAW is currently not available at 48MP, but you can still capture 12MP binned native RAWs.
48MP HEIC/JPG CAPTURE
Take advantage of the huge new detailed 48 megapixel sensor by taking 48MP processed images, straight to HEIC or JPG depending on your settings. Not only do these files come in as little as 1/10th the size of a 48MP ProRAW file, they also capture 2.4x faster— all while retaining incredible detail.
48/12MP QUICK TOGGLE
48 MP photos have their tradeoffs. While you get higher resolution, they require more storage space and have more noise. Luckily, we make it quick easy to toggle between 48 MP and 12 MP: just long press the file format button and you’ll see your options!
MF IN DEPTH
That’s right: we are bringing manual focus to Depth Capture. Manual focus is now enabled on the new iPhone 14 and 14 Pro front-facing cameras, so we've extended Depth mode to allow for manual focus *in addition* to depth! Whoa. It's a wild effect, and we hope you have fun with it.
- Further improvements to Image Rescue - ahead of future iOS updates, you might still need Image Rescue if iOS fails to save images to your Photos library. This bug will soon be fixed.
- Updates to our awesome new Lock Screen widgets, letting you use Halide from your Lock Screen
This is our first release on this major new iPhone camera, so please continue to send us any bugs, issues or other feedback you have when you install this update on something new and shiny. Thanks!
We're happy to announce you can now access Halide from your lock screen! iOS 16 introduces Lock Screen Widgets, which lets us finally add the most-requested feature in the history of Halide.
Halide 2.8 introduces 7 Lock Screen widgets:
- open Halide
- Jump right into your ultra-wide, wide, or telephoto lens
- Auto or Manual Exposure
- Macro mode
This is a big update, but we’re not done. This kicks off our Halide Fall: we have been working this whole year on the incredible features we’re about to release — including a look at our next app. Be sure to follow @halidecamera on Twitter and @halideapp on Instagram to stay up to date on all our big announcements!
PS: If you ran into an issue with Halide being unable to save your photos, we have good news. We have worked with Apple on a solution, and are excited to announce a likely fix is coming a forthcoming update to iOS. In the meantime, Halide will save unsaved photos in its Image Rescue. Check the photo gallery in Halide if your photos are missing in your Photos library.
PPS. Is Halide asking you to upgrade to access some new features? You’ve probably been with us since Halide 1, which was first released way back in 2017. As we near the 2-year anniversary of Halide Mark II, free updates are ending for users that bought ye olde Halide 1.
We want to make one thing super clear: we will always support and thank you for being with us from the start. Halide is unlocked and enabled for you forever, including most features in Mark II. While NEW-new features like the Lock Screen widgets require upgrading, we’ll make sure that you continue to get essential compatibility updates and retain access to the app you love.
If you have issues, or feedback, please write us — we want to hear from you. Thank you!
Ratings and Reviews
Your iPhone and iPad have excellent cameras and the picture wizards at Lux Optics want to help photographers make the most of it with Halide Mark II. This camera app is designed around two principles: the kind of granular settings you’d expect from a professional DSLR, and a slick, one-handed interface that complements today’s devices.
Tradução para Português BR.
O app é muito bom. Porem poderia traduzir para nosso idioma.
Simply the best
Gorgeous design, awesome features and great updates. The best camera app, period.
I have one suggestion: Make the shutter button 3D Touch enabled, so at half press you focus and at full pressure you capture it.
My most valuable purchase ever.
Design lindo, ferramentas incríveis e atualizações ótimas. O melhor aplicativo de câmera. Eu tenho uma sugestão: Tornar o botão de captura sensível a pressão, na metade da força a imagem é focada e na pressão máxima a foto é capturado. Minha melhor compra :)
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Lux Optics Incorporated
- 26.2 MB
- Photo & Video
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 14.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2022 Lux Optics Inc
- In-App Purchases
- Yearly R$ 62,90
- Monthly R$ 15,90
- One Time Purchase R$ 329,90
Some in‑app purchases, including subscriptions, may be shareable with your family group when Family Sharing is enabled.