Exoplanets are planets orbiting stars beyond our own solar system. This app allows you to explore all discovered exoplanets, their measured physical properties, their location in the night sky, and their host stars. An interactive model shows you the entire observable universe, all the way from the surface of the Earth to the cosmic microwave background. This app has been developed by a professional astronomer.
* Interactive visualizations and animations.
* Physical properties of all detected exoplanets and their host stars, updated on a daily basis.
* Stunning 3D model of our Milky Way showing the location of all known exoplanets. You can zoom into any planetary system, explore how the night sky and the constellations look from the surface of other planets, or zoom out and see other local galaxies and galaxy clusters as well as the cosmic microwave background.
* Visualizations of exoplanet orbits and the habitable zone.
* Push notifications are sent out whenever a new planet is discovered.
* Augmented reality sky map: point the phone towards the sky to find an exoplanet!
* Interactive multi-touch correlation plots.
* Solar System planets, major moons, and asteroids are included.
* Background information about exoplanets and detection methods.
* Full support of planets in binary, triple, quadruple systems and orphan planets.
* Real-time ray tracing on the GPU.
* Includes alternative identifiers from Uwingu.
- The number of discovered exoplanets shown on the home screen widget updates faster (requires iOS14)
- Fixes a bug which disabled buttons and sliders in the settings
- Fixes a relative phase error between asteroids and Jupiter
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
- Hanno Rein
- 104 MB
Requires iOS 13.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch. Apple TV.
English, French, German, Japanese, Simplified Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2020 Hanno Rein
- In-App Purchases
- Galaxy Clusters and CMB USD 1.19
- Asteroids USD 1.19
- Kepler Add-on USD 3.49
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.