Onion Browser is the original free and open-source Tor-powered web browser for iOS. Onion Browser helps you access the internet with more safety and privacy, and no extra cost to you.
“The best Tor-related offering on iOS right now is Onion Browser” - The Daily Dot, October 14, 2015.
Featured in: The New York Times, The Guardian, Salon, TechCrunch, Gizmodo, Boing Boing, Lifehacker, Macworld, The Daily Dot, & others.
• Browse the internet over Tor:
- Protect your privacy from website tracking
- Secure your traffic from insecure wireless networks and ISPs
- Support for HTTPS Everywhere, an automatic switch to HTTPS enabled websites
- Access .onion sites that are only accessible over Tor.
• Fight online tracking: block scripts and automatically clear cookies and tabs, based on your preferences.
• And more privacy-enhancing features!
- Web browsing is much slower than through a normal web browser or a VPN because your traffic is encrypted and relayed through the Tor network.
- Multimedia often bypass Tor and compromise your privacy; video files and video streams are blocked by default and are not supported by Onion Browser.
- Onion Browser might not work on networks with advanced network restrictions. If the app does not connect, try using bridges (or a different type of bridge), force-quit, and then restart the app.
- Use of Onion Browser is at your own risk; remember that sensitive data does not always belong on a mobile device.
** Onion Browser is free and open-source software. You can read more about Onion Browser and how to support development of Tor on iOS by visiting onionbrowser.com **
Major changes are listed below. Full issue list can be found at https://github.com/OnionBrowser/OnionBrowser/issues and the log of code changes since 2.2.0 can be found at https://bitly.com/onionbrowser-221
* New "start up in last state" feature, which remembers open tabs. (#134)
* New "open in background tab" feature (#154, #158)
* FIXED: Fixed behavior of content blocking; "strict" should now properly allow static images. (#123)
* FIXED: Corrected display issues on iPad. (#169)
* FIXED: The documented in-app purchase had been missing for a few versions.
* Updated localizations for many languages. Updated some App Store localizations and screenshots. (#163, #189, #197)
Ratings and Reviews
Works perfect on iphone 6+.
Please add an option that allows you to set up passwords/patterns/pin-lock to open the app.
Simple to use and completely free
- Mike Tigas
- 74.2 MB
Requires iOS 11.4 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, Albanian, Arabic, Bengali, Breton, Catalan, Czech, Dutch, French, German, Greek, Gujarati, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Irish, Italian, Japanese, Macedonian, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Tamil, Telugu, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this application.
- Unrestricted Web Access
- © 2012-2019 Tigas Ventures, LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Small Onion Browser Tip USD 1.19
- Medium Onion Browser Tip USD 5.99
- Large Onion Browser Tip USD 11.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.