The foremost single-volume authority on the English language - revised and updated in 2016 to include the very latest vocabulary. This version comes with 75 000 high-quality audio pronunciations from the Oxford Sound Bank, making this the definitive English dictionary reference.
- 350 000 words, phrases and meanings
- 100 000 usage examples
- 75 000 audio pronunciations
- 11 000 encyclopedic entries
- 550 usage notes
The Oxford Dictionary of English is at the forefront of language research, focusing on English as it is used today, informed by the most up-to-date evidence from the largest language research programme in the world, including the 800-million-word Oxford English Corpus.
App features include pattern search, full text search, bookmarks, spelling suggestions and lookup from other Mac OS programs.
No internet connection is required.
Support for dark mode, enabled iCloud bookmark synch.
- Antony Lewis
- 565.3 MB
OS X 10.9 or later, 64-bit processor
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humour
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- © WordWeb Software
- USD 11.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.