TunnelBear: Secure VPN & Wifi 4+
Private Network Hotspot Proxy
- Offers In-App Purchases
TunnelBear VPN is a free, incredibly simple app to browse the Internet privately and securely.
The beautiful TunnelBear app protects your online privacy, lets you access your favourite websites & apps, and secures your connection on public WiFi hotspots.
Try TunnelBear for free with 500MB of browsing data every month. No credit card required. In-app purchases available for premium plans, which give you unlimited data.
WHAT DOES TUNNELBEAR DO?
Put simply, by using TunnelBear you can browse from anywhere with peace of mind knowing that your online activity is more private from hackers, ISPs, and advertisers.
HOW DOES TUNNELBEAR WORK?
TunnelBear VPN for iOS is a really simple app that encrypts your web browsing and data (making it unreadable) as it leaves your iPad or iPhone. It makes public Wi-Fi safe and secure, and also keeps your browsing private from ISPs. Websites and advertisers will have a more difficult time tracking your physical location and browsing across the Internet.
HOW CAN I TRUST TUNNELBEAR?
Your browsing habits are personal and shouldn't be trusted to just anyone. TunnelBear is proud to be the first VPN service in the world to be independently audited by a 3rd party. You can feel confident that we deliver on our promise to secure your data.
• One-tap connect: App so simple, a bear could use it
• Trustworthy: Along with a strict no-logging policy, we're the only consumer VPN app to have completed a 3rd party, public security audit
• No logging. Your browsing stays private
• Grizzly-grade security: TunnelBear uses strong AES-256 bit encryption by default. Weaker encryption isn't even an option
• Global VPN network: With servers in 22+ countries and lightning-fast speeds, access the websites and apps you love. Anytime, anywhere
• Helpful support that always responds within 24 hours
WHAT CRITICS ARE SAYING
"TunnelBear is an elegant, easy mobile VPN that keeps you safe."
"The app is bursting with charm, but it also delivers security at a good price."
"All you have to do is turn the switch to "ON" and you are protected."
"TunnelBear, the gorgeous VPN app that wants to bring online privacy to everyone."
• Subscribe on a monthly or annual basis to receive unlimited data for the duration of the subscription.
• Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
• Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
• Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal
• Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase
• Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable
Is your TunnelBear misbehaving? Do you have feedback for us? Do you have a cool fact about bears to share? Contact our support team – email@example.com
- Visited the cleaners. Some design improvements for a sleeker, cooler Bear.
- Bear filing system improved. You can now search for the tunnel you want to connect to with our new country search feature.
- VigilantBear available for iOS! Your Bear will now block all traffic during those brief moments when you switch networks or your connection drops.
- Bear fired from Twitter. Say goodbye to bonus data flows and say hello to an increased default data limit.
- Ate a few bugs.
- 12% more bears.
Ratings and Reviews
Best VPN app
I’ve been using this app on Mac for a long time but never on the phone. Now during the Belarusian elections we are worried about the freedom of speech and how it affects the internet (for the past few days it has been working with disruptions or really slow) and thank you tunnel bear team for providing 10GB of traffic. Sending lots of love from Belarusian people ❤️
Freezes, silently drops VPN or crashes(yet again)
Something happened with my WiFi network, Tunnelbear tried to start then crashed every time instead of reporting connection failure. Wasted hours of time. After restarting the wireless router, seems to work, but such behavior is unacceptable anyway.
Happened again with newer version. no apparent reason, crashes, freezes, no internet. Restored VPN by toggling akrplane mode and toggling VPN ib settings, only then the UI became usable.
Previous review, happened quite often:
“It is now turning VPN off by itself, many times per day. Or stops receiving anything until I change server. I regularly find myself unprotected suddenly. VPN you can’t rely on is worse than no VPN at all.”
Developer Response ,
Hi there, so sorry you had that issue, do you mind reaching out to our support bears with this so they can investigate further what caused this so we can prevent it in the future? If you decide to do so please raise a ticket at tunnelbear.com/support! Thank you.
Thank you so much for being solitary with Belarus people and giving away 10mb of traffic free. This gesture is worthy of respect at these difficult political times in our country! You are the best!
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- TunnelBear, LLC
- 125.5 MB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
English, Amharic, Arabic, Burmese, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Persian, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian
- Age Rating
- © 2021 TunnelBear, LLC.
- In-App Purchases
- Giant Tunnelbear USD 9.99
- Giant USD 7.99
- Grizzly Tunnelbear USD 59.99
- Unlimited data for any 5 devices USD 6.99
- Grizzly USD 49.99
- Unlimited data for any 5 devices USD 49.99