Accessibuild is an indoor navigation system that empowers visually-impaired and blind users to navigate indoor environments independently. Using accurate architectural data, the assistive technology application guides users through building environments with this free app. The app can be configured to provide a custom experience and flexibility for users with a variety of needs and abilities.
Measurements can be provided in meters, feet or steps.
Directions can be provided in plain language, clock face, compass or degrees.
The app uses architectural maps to route users through the building with the following process:
1) A digital blueprint of the building is created
2) The digital blueprint is then converted into a map that can be read by the app and uploaded
3) The user downloads the app and sets options on their phone
4) The user goes to the building and opens the app
5) The user navigates to their destination
The full version of the app is free with no ads or in-app purchases.
Once the app is downloaded and a map is installed, no wi-fi or internet connection is required for navigation. Internet connection is only required for updates.
Feedback can be sent to email@example.com.
-Fix for Directional Unit Selection
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.