Learn how to fly these fragile wood and fabric biplanes from the collection of the Canada Aviation and Space Museum.
Due to the intensive 3D graphics, this app may experience difficulty on the iPod touch 4 and iPhone 4.
Many users have been asking about more flight levels. We would love to produce more in the future, but as a museum, we're limited as to what we can offer, we hope you enjoy the experience!
• Live action characters guide you through your WWI flight training
• Swipe and click through adventures as you navigate aerial challenges
• Take command of a WWI biplane in your first-ever solo flight
• Interact with detailed 3D models of the Museum’s WWI aircraft
• Explore the Museum’s archival imagery and technical drawings
• Discover the Museum's hidden collection of artifacts not currently on display
Download now to follow in the ghostly footsteps of the lone aviator, the knight of the air, riding into battle, banners flying. Discover the reality of this dangerous job, fraught with peril, in which young men with only a few hours of training were sent into the skies, often alone — frequently never to return.
Various bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Museum App, not a game
This looks to be a pretty cool way for a museum of airplanes to engage potential visitors. It is not, though, a video game and not meant to be.
Good at the beginning but gets stuck in loop after Solo flight
This app is based on a game the developers created for the World War I "Dangerous Skies" exhibit at the Canadian War Museum. In the game, museum visitors get to fly a WWI fighter by waving their arms, which are interpreted by a Kinect sensor.
The app, however, gets stuck about 8 or 9 chapters in, after the Solo flight at "the farms". The solo flight chapter allows you to fly a bi-wing fighter between several waypoints and then you shoot at 3 targets. But the game will not progress beyond this point, just looping back to the Solo flight once you complete it successfully.
An extraordinary piece of work! Not a shoot 'em up, just an amazing piece of art and some basic instruction in aeronautics. Wow! Send us more of these!
- Seed Interactive Inc
- 1.1 GB
Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 9+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © Canada Aviation and Space Museum
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.