Air Display lets you use a spare Mac’s screen as an extra display for your main Mac.
It's easy to use! Just launch this app on your spare Mac, then connect to it from the free host app on your main Mac, to instantly expand its screen real estate. You can connect wirelessly or with a cable.
IMPORTANT: This is NOT the free Air Display host software that you need on your main computer. You can download that at avatron.com/gethost. This is the client app that turns one Mac into a second monitor for another Mac.
–– FEATURES ––
• Drag windows, apps, or control palettes from your main screen to give yourself more room to work
• Use up to 4 devices simultaneously to extend or mirror your computer
• Run either full-screen or in a window
• Either extend your screen to get more room to work or mirror to share your screen with an audience
• Connect via Wi-Fi or with a wired connection (Ethernet, Thunderbolt, or USB-C)
–– INSTALLATION ––
Just install the free Air Display host app (from avatron.com/gethost) on your main Mac, and download this Air Display client app on your second Mac.
• Purchase this app on the Mac you want to use as your second display
• On your main computer, go to avatron.com/gethost and install the free host app
• You can install this app onto multiple Macs, as long as they use the same Apple ID
If you want to use your iPad or other device as your second screen, you do not need to purchase this app. Air Display for iOS is available in the iTunes App Store (and you’ll still need the same free host software on your main computer).
–– COMPATIBILITY ––
• Both computers must be on the same Wi-Fi network, or connected via Ethernet, Thunderbolt, or USB-C
• Mac client app: macOS 10.8 and above
• Mac host: macOS 10.10 and above (not compatible with macOS 10.13.4–10.13.6)
• The Air Display host software is not compatible with Windows
• Fixed a bug: on some Macs on El Capitan (macOS 10.11), the cursor was disappearing from the Air Display screen.
• Don't forget to update host software on your other Mac, at avatron.com/gethost
Please leave a review! We love your feedback.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
I'm now able to use my older Macbook Pro as a second monitor. The latest updates fixed an issue with the mouse and made the response time even faster. It connects quickly and works well. One request for future updates would be to add more available display resolutions.
Developer Response ,
😊 Thank you for the nice review. If you have any more questions or feedback, please don't hesitate to contact me at email@example.com. —Pip
Great App to work with My iPad Pro.....
I have my MacBook Pro using my iPad Pro as a second monitor, that works great. Connected using a USB-C Cable and it is working like a charm. The Support is also excellent. The instructions provided are clear and efficient.
Waste of money!!!!
Bought it to try and mirror my mac with Apple TV. In theory in worked but it's so slow displaying to my ipad it's unusable. It costs $20 for the app on your mac but they don't tell you you need to download the app for your iPad as well, which costs $10. Then I ran into an issue where my mac's login screen would only display in 1024X768. After looking into found out that others had experienced the same issue and fixed it by uninstalling Air Dsplay. Don't buy it, I want my money back.
- Avatron LLC
- 2.6 MB
OS X 10.8 or later, 64-bit processor
English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish
- Age Rating
- © 2010-2020 Avatron LLC
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.