Stay up to date with the Alberta Fire Bans mobile application!
Regardless of where you are in Alberta, the Alberta Fire Bans application will help you find the most current and reliable information on all active fire advisories, fire restrictions, fire bans, and OHV restrictions in Alberta.
- Offline mode: once the map and alerts have been downloaded through a network connection (wifi, phone data, etc.), you will be able to view all alerts and relevant information when out of cell coverage
- Helpful tutorial to navigate through the application
- Robust search bar to help you quickly find any town, city, municipal district, or forested area within Alberta
- Colour-coded display bar allows you to conveniently view all active alerts on the map
- Standard and satellite views to suit your viewing preference
- Location services to find your current location
- Sign up for notifications so you know when an area’s alert status changes
Alberta Fire Bans is a partnership with fire agencies and municipalities across the province to ensure the most accurate and reliable information is always publicly available.
Every effort is made to ensure the accuracy of the information presented on this application. However, the Government of Alberta does not take responsibility for outdated or incorrect information. This includes the accuracy of boundaries on the application. Every individual is responsible for knowing and following the legislation and bylaws of the area they are in at any given time. If you have questions about a jurisdiction’s boundaries, please contact the appropriate agency or municipality.
Ratings and Reviews
Doesn't work on my iPad but does work on my phone.
Needs some tuning
Great potential. Will be very handy when the bugs are fixed.
Can not zoom in on the map, instantly returns to home icon screen when attempting to zoom in.
For starters, apps need to load to work, quickly if you want people to use them. This one will load, after spending a ridiculous amount of time trying to connect and download the new data. Obviously designed for places with faster internet and not country internet. Once you get into the app you will find you still need to traverse through all the different websites looking at what fire bans and advisories are on because this app fails to collect the data it is supposed to and display it in one place.
If they fix these 2 issues it has the potential to be a great app.
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.