This is a huge release with 2 new colour themes, Large type support and much more! See alfredapp.com for more details.
* 2 new themes from user theme competition - Dark and Smooth & Pistachio
* Large type support, use ⌘L to show the currently typed text or calculation in large type
* Drag results (files / images etc) out of Alfred into emails, graphics apps, Finder
* New 'Advanced' option for Default Result types, add any file type you like to the default results (still recommend open/find/[spacebar]prefix for file search)
* Overhaul to file searching algorithm allowing, now non-continuous word based matching
* Improvements to the 'in' keyword allowing for disjoint keyword matching
* More exact matching for 'text files' in the default results, no longer matches .ics files
* Improved decimal point configuration in the Calculator, now allowing forced decimal separator output for comma based locales
* Alfred.app no longer shows in results and typing 'alfred' now opens the preferences
* Add Xcode's new Applications location to the default search scope
* More flexibility on the Spell/Define keywords, allow matching on items not in the dictionary
* Less aggressive scientific notation rounding for the calculator for better 0 approximation errors
* More intelligent 'eject' keyword to prevent false errors when a drive is successfully ejected
* Code and performance improvements
* Fixed / improved text and help throughout the preferences
* Make MAS version startup / welcome sheet non resizable and close using Esc key
* Allow ⌘^Q and ⌘^W as hotkeys, previously blocked by over-protective code
* Update the core window renderer to fix a quirk behind the preference cog with transparent themes
* Remove deprecated code and make Alfred more future proofed for OS X
Ratings and Reviews
Simply The Best
Is there anything this app cannot do? You can find misplaced files and folders, launch your apps, search the web, look up word definitions and perform calculations without launching the dictionary and calculator apps, etc.
You can also log out, restart, and shutdown your computer.
Excellent tool to launch apps, search and open files
After spending a lot of time clicking my way through different menus and the dock, closing windows to find a particular running program etc. I found this tool in the app store. It works very intuitively and allows you to operate the Mac entirely with brief keyboard commands (typically no more than 3-4 keystrokes to launch an app, find a particular file or folder etc.). You just need to know a part of the corresponding name. It saves me a lot of time operating the Mac and I highly recommend it.
Should be built into OS X!
Years ago I was hooked on QuickSilver. Now it's Alfred (beautifuly named btw). Just using it for finding files and opening apps is worth it. Great work!!! keep the updates coming.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.