Amplitude Pro includes all of the fun features of Amplitude and now the ability to record and share your audio with your friends!
Amplitude Pro enhances aural experiences by allowing you to hear distant and/or quiet sounds as if you were standing nearby. Amplitude Pro uses the high quality hardware of the iPhone and iPod Touch* to detect and amplify the faintest of sounds.
***Note: To get the best experience possible, you must use ear buds that do not have a built-in microphone.***
Amplitude Pro lets you adjust the sensitivity of the iPhone microphone to amplify sounds from across a room. You’ll hear things you never would have been able to hear otherwise.
Amplitude Pro also lets you record and save the amplified sounds to your device and share them with your friends. To do this, all you have to do is press the red button at the bottom of the screen. To stop it, you simply press the button again. Now you can detect and have proof of that “ghost” that you always hear that everyone made fun of you for and prove them wrong!
Using Amplitude Pro is easy: simply launch the app, point your device in the direction of the sound you want to amplify, and starting hearing the world in a new way through your headphones. Individual controls enable you to adjust the microphone sensitivity or mute the sound amplifying feature altogether.
Use Amplitude Pro to explore your world. Experience all the sounds of your environment that you would otherwise have missed.
Experience Nature and Wildlife More Intimately. Record and share the sounds with friends.
Experimenting Around Your World
- Diagnose the source of that annoying squeak in your new car and send it to your local mechanic.
- Attach a cup or small plastic bowl to the end of your iPhone to focus the incoming sound and expand your range
- Place microphone against an office wall to hear sounds from all over the building and listen to what everyone is talking about!
Amplitude Pro Benefits:
- Turns your iPhone or iPod Touch* into a sound amplifier
- Hear sounds through thin walls or doors
- Adjustable microphone sensitivity / boost
- Adjustable volume and mute controls
- Independently control the iPhone volume and the microphone sensitivity
- View sound waves on the oscilloscope
- Record and share each and every sound you encounter!
***Ear buds are required for use with all devices. 1st, 2nd, and 3rd generation iPod Touches require ear buds with a microphone whereas the 4th generation iPod Touch can use ear buds without a microphone.***
Tips on Using Amplitude Pro:
- For best audio reception, point the microphone in the direction of the sound you want to pick up.
- Amplitude Pro controls are oriented upside down from other apps so that the microphone can be pointed toward target sounds.
- To protect against accidental ear damage, Amplitude Pro starts in Muted mode. You can change the default in the settings screen.
- For optimal performance, we recommend keeping device volume between 50-75%.
- Experiment with microphone sensitivity. Some situations will require more, some less.
- To preserve battery life, launch the application and press the device sleep button to darken the screen.
- You can maximize your reception by using your hands or a plastic cup to focus the incoming sound. This is the best method to use when listening through solid objects like doors or walls.
- Like any exposed microphone, the iPhone microphone is sensitive to wind noise. For best results we recommend using Amplitude Pro in non-windy situations.
- Experiment with different attachments and microphone settings and let us know what works best for you.
Send us your stories or YouTube videos to Amplitude@GripWire.com. This application has been brought to you in association with MagTownTech.
We have made additional fixes for iOS 11 users.
Ratings and Reviews
Does not work as well as it’s discribed don’t waste your time here
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.