"Simply remarkable, […] you’re nuts if you don’t try Apollo." - John Gruber, Daring Fireball
"The best Reddit app for iOS" - The Sweet Setup
"Apollo is the best Reddit client I have ever used. Period." - iMore
"Apollo makes the wild world of Reddit more accessible than ever before, and it may just be the best designed social feed app I've ever used." - MacStories
"Apollo is the only Reddit app you need." - TechCrunch
"Beautiful, modern, and fast." - MacRumors
Apollo is a beautiful Reddit app built for fast navigation with an incredibly powerful set of features. Thanks to features like the Jump Bar, fully customizable gestures, and a super-charged Media Viewer, browsing Reddit has never been this amazing.
It's created specifically with iOS design guidelines in mind, so it fits right at home on your device, and with input from thousands of Redditors helping sculpt and perfect it over several years before launching:
- Jump Bar, for super-fast hopping between subreddits
- Super-charged Media Viewer for an amazing experience viewing images, GIFs, videos, albums , and more from a variety of sources.
- Tabbed interface for easy navigating
- Incredibly powerful Markdown composer for writing comments and posts
- Full inline Imgur uploading, both images and albums
- Large or compact posts depending on your preference
- Dark mode (can be automatic)
- Fully customizable gestures
- Safari View Controller for browsing articles and links
- Inline previews of media in comments
- 3D Touch support
- Beautifully organized Inbox
- Filtering and blocking
- Face ID / Touch ID / Passcode lock
- Moderator features
- Tons of settings to tweak
- GIF scrubbing to go backward and forward in time
- Multiple accounts
- Powerful search
- Full Markdown rendering
- Unobtrusive Volume Indicator
As well as much, much more and it's constantly evolving. If you have anything you'd specifically like to see, come to the ApolloApp subreddit and we'd love to hear it!
Apollo is an unofficial app, and side effects may include an incredible browsing experience.
- Brand new Apollo Ultra icon by the incredible Thomas Noppers, called “The Copper Giant”, it has such a fun, nostalgic feel, I love how Thomas designed it.
- Dark Mode improvements/bug fixes for edge cases (if you still encounter something weird, gimme a shout!)
- More Dark Mode settings so you can tweak it to your liking
- Fixed bug where red Inbox badge wouldn't show up
- Fixed bug where posts could flicker as you scroll sometimes
- Fixed bug where media viewer could be zoomed in weirdly on iPad in split view
- Fixed bug where navigation bar icons could go for a walk
- Improvements to double-tap-and-drag-to-zoom (like in Maps) so it should be faster (if it's not working for you make sure you're on iOS 13.1)
- Context menu has Open in YouTube app option
- Light mode/dark mode launch screens
- Fixed some weird colors
- Comment composer now properly respects text sizing preferences as an Accessibility improvement
- Bunch of other little bug fixes here and there! :D
- And this is all in addition to the bunch of awesome iOS 13 additions listed below!
Firstly, Apollo has some great new visual touches, like supporting the new Dark Mode in iOS 13! So if you enable Dark Mode system wide, Apollo will follow the rest of the apps as well as iOS in pulling the curtains down, giving you a beautiful, dark look. You can customize this in Apollo's settings as well, from themes to how dark you want "dark" to be, and more!
iOS 13 also brought about a bunch of awesome speed and size improvements. Apollo should be (even more of) a lean, mean, fighting machine. The app is smaller to download, and much quicker to open to boot. Nice! Enjoy Redditing with even more speed than you were used to before.
Siri Shortcuts support! Apollo now works with the (now built-in) Siri Shortcuts app, so you can set up custom shortcut scripts that work with Apollo (like opening subreddits, users, etc.) or even program them to work with Siri. There's no better way to start your day than with a custom command like "Hey siri, fire the meme cannon" to open r/memes.
Keyboard and Game Controller support. In addition to previous game controller support, iOS 13 added support for some very popular console controllers, so those all now work with Apollo, in addition to regular hardware keyboards, like keyboard cases! So now you can kick your feet up with a controller, or set up a keyboard, and navigate Apollo with ease, opening and reading comments, opening and closing the media viewer, etc.
Better Accessibility support. I want Apollo to be the best browsing experience for Reddit for *everyone*, so I worked really hard to improve how accessible Apollo is for everyone. It now has much, much improved VoiceOver support for navigating the UI, even with custom swiping actions to open the media viewer for instance. In addition it also supports iOS 13's new Voice Control feature, so you can control Apollo without even touching it.
There's also LOTS more improvements, like being able to open multiple, different windows of Apollo on iPads, which is a personal favorite of mine and great for referencing multiple things on Reddit at once. Before iOS 13 you'd need 3 iPads to view 3 different Apollo windows, now you can do it with one iPad! Talk about cost savings!
There's also support for the new, beautiful Haptic Touch Context Menus in iOS 13, so every device can now preview media beautifully and easily.
Onward and upward! As always, thank you so much for the support, a tip helps immensely. :)
Ratings and Reviews
It finally came out!
Ever since the fall of alien blue, I’ve been searching for a suitable replacement. The official reddit app just doesn’t do it for me (no landscape mode).
I’ve followed this app for years now, ever since the dev posted on r/Apple.
This app has what I need, and more. It has powerful gesture support, and yes, it does landscape mode, without the screen turning vertical when you hold the phone upside down (perfect for bedtime redditing)
Finally! A real Alien Blue replacement.
Need a few ui fixes but other than that it’s a really nicely polished app.
- Christian Selig
- 93.2 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 17+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humour
- Unrestricted Web Access
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- © Christian Selig 2019
- In-App Purchases
- Apollo Pro $5.49
- Apollo Pro $8.49
- Apollo Pro $13.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.