Articles is a beautiful Wikipedia reader for your iPad, iPad mini, iPhone and iPod touch.
Just enter a search term and let Articles find the Wiki entry you are looking for. Use the integrated maps feature to learn about interesting places and historic events around your current location, or anywhere else in the world. Or simply shake your device and let Articles find an entry for you. Mark interesting entries you want to read in the future and search text in the currently open document.
- Apple Design Award 2010 Winner
- App of the Week in the United States, Germany, United Kingdom and many other countries
- Best Reference App at the 2010 and 2011 Best App Ever Awards
- O'Reilly App Smackdown: Best App for Wikipedia
"Wikipedia is free on the web, right? Why spend even a couple bucks to wrap it in an app. The answer is interface. You can do far more, far more easily, with a native app than you can do with a web page." –Rene Ritchie, iMore
"There are a bunch of dedicated Wikipedia iPhone apps, and there are several I like. But I like Articles best. It’s fast, it looks great (including the formatting of articles), and it has a very clever MobileSafari-inspired UI." –John Gruber, Daring Fireball
Tips & Tricks:
- Double-tap (and hold) on the article to display the Chapter Index control.
- Tap the status bar to scroll back to the search bar.
- Pinch the article view to increase or decrease the text size.
- Tap-and-hold a link to open an article in a new page.
- Tap and hold on text to copy and paste article content.
- Tap and hold on links and images to reveal more actions.
Additionally on iPhone and iPod touch:
- Tap and hold the Toolbar to start customizing all items.
- Pull down the article view to lock or unlock the current screen orientation.
- Shake your device to open a random article.
- Fixed am issue when adding new bookmarks.
- If you like Articles, please consider leaving a review. That helps us a lot. Thanks!
Ratings and Reviews
I've had the iPhone version of this app since release, and as a recent iPad owner, I've been using that one until Sophia announced the price drop today.
A beautiful app and a great way to read Wikipedia.
My one gripe is that it's missing the section navigation from the iPhone version, so while it's great for browsing, it can be tedious to find a specific piece of information in a long article.
i say 5 stars. it hasnt been updated in a while. BUT! that says that the app has survived many iOS updates and is still plugging along. excellent!! will be reading Wiki articles for years to come!! good work!!
Belle et bonne appli, facile d'utilisation. J'aime beaucoup.
- Sophia Teutschler
- 18.4 MB
Requires iOS 6.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © 2009-2014 Sophia Teutschler
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.