AskVideo Player is a Tutorial-Video Player that lets you Download & Stream HD Tutorials from AskVideo.com.
• Watch the AskVideo tutorials you want and need on your iPhone, iPad or iPod while you follow along on your computer.
• Get super quick access to the latest AskVideo tutorials, or
• Use the simple but powerful search feature to find what you need
• In-app subscription to AskVideo's Library Pass (see details bellow)
• If you are a paid subscriber to AskVideo's Online Tutorial Library, you have unrestricted access to our library of tutorial-videos on your iOS device
• Access your purchased courses and download them to your device for offline playback
Featuring some of the multimedia industry's best educators, you will learn software skills from Grammy & Emmy award winning audio producers, experienced video editors and directors, software developers, and best-selling technical authors.
*** About Version 6 ***
- This version brings user experience consistency between the iOS and tvOS versions of our app.
- We use a new way of saving your download courses. If you want to use your old downloads, you will need to convert them to the new format. Regardless if you don't convert the old downloads, you can always re-download them at any time.
- If you have an AskVideo.com account you will need to log in again after installation.
In-app Auto-Renewable Library Passes
• Get a weekly, monthly, or yearly Library Pass
• Payment charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
• Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
• Your iTunes account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period
• Manage your subscriptions or turn off auto-renewal from the Settings app in iOS or from iTunes on your computer
• No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period
• New user experience (UX)
• Consistent user interface across iOS and tvOS
Ratings and Reviews
Horrible service ... great videos
I'm in agreement with other post ... the videos are great but the subscription service is terrible. Dave, the instructor for the first course was exceptional ... and very much worth the $10 purchase. The rest is good too but seems a bit complicated and risky to purchase - especially in how a subscription can be cancelled.
No landscape mode?
This could be a fine app, but strangely it does not turn its video sideways, i.e. landscape mode. Because these tutorials are as visually important as they are sonically, the lack of this simple feature makes this app a waste of time for both the user and for conscientious instructors like Mo Volans who I imagine made no small effort to show us what he was doing on his computer screen. As it is, it's too tiny an image to be useful.
Good videos, lousy service.
The videos are very good, but ... the subscription model needs some changes.
The subscription model is an opt-out system where you must cancel or you are automatically renewed. Furthermore, you can't change that from within the app itself. No, you have to register with them through their website, and since I didn't want to give them personal contact info, I guess I'm out of luck. My access to the videos was cut off after two days. Apple refunded my purchase.
Too bad, really, because the videos were excellent.
Everything should be handled from within the app. No need to make someone register. The app should save a unique id and base registration renewals on that. And you should be prompted to renew, it should't be automatic.
- ASK Video
- 15.3 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch. Apple TV.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2016 AskVideo.com
- In-App Purchases
- AskVideo.com Streaming Library Subscription $13.99
- AskVideo.com Streaming Library Subscription $34.99
- AskVideo.com Streaming Library Subscription $279.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.