****I absolutely love this app. It works for so many of my auditory comprehension and auditory processing students! This app has the ability to add background noise with a sliding volume lever! My students enjoy the basketball reward offered at short intervals which is very motivating. (Jasmine S. SLP)****
Auditory Workout is a comprehensive, built- around research auditory processing /VirtualSpeechCenter/appPreviews/AuditoryWorkout.mp4program for students with language delay or Central Auditory Processing Disorder (CAPD) and is aimed to help students with their language comprehension skills, auditory processing and following directions.
Auditory Workout was created by a certified speech and language pathologist for students ages 4–12 who exhibit auditory processing disorders or other related disorders (e.g., receptive language disorder or autism). Auditory Workout focuses on improving auditory attention and memory and auditory processing of increasingly longer and complex verbal directions.
Auditory Workout includes over 1,000 listening exercises in the following categories:
- Basic Directions: 15 levels of difficulty
- Quantitative and Spatial Directions: 12 levels of difficulty
- Temporal Directions: 18 levels of difficulty
- Conditional Directions: 15 levels of difficulty
Reward Games included:
- Catch the ball game
Auditory Workout features:
- Thousands of pre-recorded audio exercises
- Beautiful graphics
- Reward games
- Detailed reporting
- Scoring and data tracking
- Group sessions (unlimited number of students)
- Ability to include different types of background noise during session
- Ability to control intensity of background noise
- Ability to randomize directions
- Ability to change correct and incorrect sounds
- Ability to turn on auto-scoring
- Ability to turn off audio directions so speech therapists can give their own instructions
- Replay of directions
- Email results
- Change settings
We hope you enjoy Auditory Workout app. Please, take a moment to rate or comment on our app. Thank you!
- Updated all images
- Updated reports
- Updated highlighting during the session
Ratings and Reviews
Great but Too Quiet
My students are all students with hearing loss. This is just the type of app that many of them need but it is too quiet. There should be a volume control for the foreground noise rather than, or in addition to, the background noise. If this were fixed I would give it a 5 star rating.
Great app for auditory memory!
This is a great app for auditory memory. I really like how the activities are divided into sections with increasing difficulty of object, adjectives, colors etc. The temporal and conditional sections are challenging for students and allow time to talk about the correct answers. The new and improved basketball game is great, too!
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.