Audulus is a minimalist modular audio processing application. Design sound from first principles.
▶ Winner of Electronic Musician Magazine Editor's Choice Award, 2017
"Audulus 3 is out and is stunning!" - Richard Devine, devinesound.net
"beautiful interface" - Peter Kirn, createdigitalmusic.com
▶ Run Audulus as an Audio Unit inside other apps! ◀
With Audulus, you can build synthesizers, design new sounds, or process audio. All with low latency real-time processing suitable for live performance. Audulus's user interface is clean, simple, and easy to learn, allowing you to focus on sound.
"The biggidy bomb coolest most super tech-nerd fun times soft synth I've bought in recent times!"
- Mac App Store Australia review
"Love this App. It has one of the best UIs I've ever used."
- USA Mac App Store review
"Remarkable gesture control"
▶ Visit our forum for exciting user-created patches! ◀
▶ Key Features:
• fluid interface - smooth animated interaction
• MIDI control - use your control surface or MIDI keyboard
• presets - quickly change between settings
• unlimited history - everything you do is stored
• polyphony - process multiple voices
• encapsulation - group nodes into sub-patches
• diverse nodes - from ADSR to ZeroCross
• audio unit version - run Audulus as an Audio Unit inside other apps (free download)
• iCloud support - effortlessly sync patches between Mac and iPad
▶ Featured Built-in Modules:
• Analog modeling ladder, diode, and IC filters based of classic designs
• JFET, Tube, and Diode VCAs
• 3D, probabilistic, and random sequencers
• Chebyshev Additive VCO
• Quadrature Sine LFO
• Icebox Audio Freezer granular looping effect
• Many utilities like clock dividers, multipliers, logic gates, and complex envelopes
...and many more!
▶ Built-in Nodes:
• Virtual Analog Oscillator (4 waveforms)
• ADSR Envelope
• Noise Generator
• Mathematical Modules: Addition, Multiplication, Subtraction, Sine, Modulo
• Random Number Generator
• MIDI controlled Keyboard
• MIDI assignable trigger
• 16-Step Sequencer
• Low Pass Filter
• High Pass Filter
• Pitch Shifter
• Constant Value
• Mapper Curve
• Piecewise-linear Spline Curve
• 4-Channel Mixer
• Level Meter
• Value Meter
• Scrolling Waveform Meter
• Polyphonic to Monophonic signal mixer
• Global Time
• Zero-crossing Counter
• Audio Unit Plug-in
• Custom Nodes - build your own modules!
• Math expression module -34 Math nodes in one!
• Timing mode - figure out which nodes are using the most CPU!
• Switch pack - two nodes for signal routing, more to come!
• Poly pack - Stereo and Quadraphonic processing!
▶ Recommended Hardware: Mid 2010 Mac. May not run well on older hardware. Intel GMA 950 Graphics is not supported. ◀
- Switch to Metal for rendering.
Ratings and Reviews
Absolute freedom in sound design from fundameltal units! It looks great and sounds even better.
La musique est mathématique
Cette app est la plus complète qu’il m’a été donné d’utiliser. Peut être très complexe mais oh combien gratifiante et permet de comprendre en profondeur les fondements de la synthèse additive! Bravo!
Good modular synth and fx
Really great software to build your own synths and effects and to learn how digital sound processing works !
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.