Avalon Offshore is a complete weather routing and navigation application .
It works on iOS tablets. Since It also works on the new generation of Macbook M1, equipped with an ARM chipset.
Avalon Offshore integrated the whole set of functions that are useful to cruisers and offshore racers; weather routing, weather, navigation with NMEA 0183 and AIS collision alarm, anchoring alert, regatta start management wit laylines, etc…
Avalon includes automatic loading of 65 weather models: NOAA GFS, Metro France Arpege,and Arome, DVD Icon, OpenWRF Skiron, …
Avalon also includes advanced functions such as:
- Bathymetric weather routing, allowing calculation of routes taking into consideration the draft of the boat.
- Simultaneous comparaison of routes across different weather models, different routes options, etc…
- Free use of Avalon VPP to calculate customised VPP polars for single hull boats (main sail + genoa, code 0, gennaker, spinnaker, staysail and mizzen sail.
- High compression of weather data on several models (GFS, Arpege, Icon, NAM Caraïbes et USA East) enabling to reduce by up to 95% volume of data, very efficient for satellite transmission (Iridium Go, Iridium Inmarsat, etc)
- Easy weather routing module (from harbor to harbor) for a quick start of the app.
- Compatible with ©Navionics Boating maps without additional cost.
- Interfaced with ©Navily for a quick selection of the best moorings and harbors.
- Free use of Avalon VPP to customize your boat velocity preduction and adapt them to the exact caracteristics of your boat
- Polar captation at sea
- Free raster nautical maps: NOAA, Linz, Brasil, New Zealand
- In-app pack of maps derived from UKHO or SHOM covering France, UK Belgium, Portugal, Spain Carribean, Eastern and Western Mediterranean, Transatlantic, ...
- Personal maps support: mbtiles, tif, kap, geotiff
- Navionics maps: You can use your Navionics Boating maps with Avalon free of charge.
- 65 automatic weather sources (wind, gust, current, wave and general weather) included in the Premium Option (in-app purchase)
- Capability to load external grib files (as an alternative to the Premium option)
- Capability to load external current grib from Tidetech®
Includes one month free use of Premium options (see below)
IN-APP PURCHASE: PREMIUM OPTION
- Iridium data compression (reduce by 6 transmitted volumes)
- additional weather sources: Arome, Arpege, NAM, CEP, Skiron ....
- Weather data up to 394 hours including Wind, Gust, Waves, Precipitation, Storms, Cloud Coverage, Pressure, Temperature
- Integration of currents in route calculation in covered areas (worldwide, Iberia Biscay and Ireland and Mediterranean sea)
- Waves (Swell and wind waves)
Warning: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
In the weather module
- Display currents synchro,ized with boat position
- Display Beaufort zones with winds. (second click on the wind icon)
Ratings and Reviews
La facilité, la vitesse et les multitudes d’options font de cette application de routage la meilleure. Je l’adore😊. En plus le support des concepteurs est juste parfait 🤩.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- JEAN-FRANCOIS COULON
- 108.1 MB
- Requires iOS 9.3 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.3 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.3 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- ©2015-2021 Avalon Navigation Systems
- In-App Purchases
- Premium Subscription $32.99
- France Atlantique 2021 (SHOM) $119.99
- France Mediterranee 2021 SHOM $119.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.