Avaz AAC is an augmentative and alternative communication app that empowers children & adults having speech-related disabilities with a voice of their own. A fully-featured speech app that also includes a training module for new AAC users & caregivers.
The research-based pragmatic vocabulary consists of over 15,000 pictures (Symbolstix) with a variety of high-quality voices that a communicator regardless of their ability can tap to form sentences quickly. With a wide range of personalisation & customisation options, you can make Avaz AAC your own in just a matter of minutes.
Core words as we know make up for 80% of what we speak during our typical day. These core words are laid out in an order that is based on extensive years of research. This allows users to grow steadily from using 1-2 word phrases to full sentences using Avaz AAC.
+ Picture mode
- 3 levels of vocabulary laid out in a consistent pattern to ensure quick access and motor memory that grows with the communicator.
- Colour-coded words with Fitzgerald key allows quick correlation of part of speech with other special ed classroom materials.
- Zooming in and out of words to reassure the communicator of the selection made (visual reinforcement)
- For more advanced users of AAC, choose not to show the pictures in the message box and also change the number of pictures displayed (from 1-77)
- Add and personalise multiple words and folders in a matter of seconds.
- Quickly search for words and see their path.
+ Keyboard mode
- Create sentences with just a few taps with a powerful prediction system.
- Have spell check for words that are commonly misspelt.
- Assign an entire sentence to a letter on the keyboard to quickly load them.
- Quickly speak out sentences by adding them to the quick bar.
- Track the communicator’s progress over time with the help of rich, easy to understand graphs and charts.
- Create more conversation opportunities into the communicator’s life through an activity-based dashboard. You will get conversation ideas, strategies, and modeling training for the most frequent activities of daily living.
- Resources: Access 100s of tips and research-based papers related to AAC & AT.
+ Other key features
- Quickly backup and restore the vocabulary across several devices via Dropbox or AirDrop or iTunes.
- Share a folder with other Avaz AAC users.
- Seek the attention of the caregiver with the ‘mistake’ & ‘alert’ button.
- Create a PECS book by creating a PDF file in the app and printing it onto a binder.
- Access to FAQs and support desk in the app.
- Add a passcode to settings & edit mode.
With this version of Avaz AAC, you can try the app for 14 days with access to pictures and voices before deciding to purchase it. After that, you can choose to subscribe to a monthly, annual or lifetime plan - whichever suits your pocket the best :)
- Avaz AAC was formerly known as Avaz Lite.
- The other version of this app, Avaz AAC - Lifetime Edition is also available to purchase with a one-time payment and also supports a 50% discount with VPP for 20+ licenses.
We are always happy to hear from you. For any questions, support or general, please feel free to write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- A more affordable Annual subscription
- Auto-clear setting automatically clears the message box once spoken
- Displaying saved sentences assigned to keys in the Keyboard mode
+ Updated the user experience for
- Sharing a message
- Rearranging words in the vocabulary
+ Squashed bugs for
- Camera orientation while taking a photo
- Space bar delay
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
- Avaz, Inc.
- 1.1 GB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
- Age Rating
- © 2019 Avaz Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Lifetime Subscription $279.99
- Avaz Auto Renewing Subscription $13.99
- Avaz Yearly Subscription $134.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.