Staying on task seems is a real challenge for our screen-bound generation. The Be Focused lets you get things done by breaking up individual tasks among discrete intervals, separated by short breaks. It’s a surprisingly effective way to retain motivation and focus. Create tasks, configure breaks and track your progress throughout the day, week or custom period.
- Start, pause, or skip intervals
- Auto-start the next timer (option)
- Customize the timer settings to maximize productivity:
• Work interval duration
• Short break duration
• Long break duration
• Number of intervals between long breaks
• Target number of intervals per day
- Manage your tasks
- Specify different timer settings for different tasks
- Add notes and due dates to tasks
- Estimate the number of intervals required to complete a task and track the estimation error
- View and manage completed intervals
- Customize reports for fast and easy goal tracking
- Ability to paste a task list from other apps
- Global hotkeys to start or stop the timer from any app
- Optional chronometer ticking sound
- Customizable frequency of the chronometer sound
- Wide range of alarm sounds
- Ability to adjust alarm and chronometer volumes
- Launch at startup (option)
- Also available for iPhone and iPad
Upgrade to Pro version to:
- Sync data between iPhone, iPad and Mac *
- Use tags and filters to keep focussed
- Export data to a CSV file
- Auto backup your account data daily
- Integrate with Focus Matrix to manage tasks using urgent/important principle **
- Remove banners and ads
* Sync with iOS devices requires Be Focused Pro for iOS, sold separately.
** Integration with Focus Matrix requires the Pro version of Focus Matrix, sold separately.
• Ability to specify different timer settings for different tasks
• Task details panel where you can:
- Add notes to a task
- Assign a due date
- Specify activity type (you can configure a set of activity types to specify different timer settings for different tasks)
- Estimate a number of intervals required to complete a task (then you can evaluate the estimation error for completed tasks in reports)
- View and manage completed intervals
• Improved reports, so now you can:
- Switch report units between Intervals and Hours
- Evaluate the estimation error for completed tasks
- Auto save report settings between application sessions
• Shortcuts for various operations (see them in tooltips)
• Multiple bug fixes and improvements
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Great UI + frictionless pomodoro app
I’ve realized a big bump in focus from utilizing this pomodoro app. I’ve tried others in the past, but this one seems to be optimal for my workflow. being able to view time (in real time) on my top desktop task manager is really helpful to keep me on task. Can’t recommend enough.
Simple and functional
I really appreciate how simple this app is. Shows up in the menu bar in a minimal but informative way. The keyboard shortcuts are really helpful too! The pomodoro is really effective at getting me to work productively. Great app.
not what i hoped.
I don’t really get why everyone raves about this app. I needed a timer app that will tell me when 10 min is up so that after, i could switch to another activity that might take longer. for example, i want to spend 10m washing the dishes and then have a sound telling me 10m is up, and then i want to spend 1h writing a paper. But this app, though it fits nicely in my menu bar, is too simple to work like that. 1) the sound didn’t go off when my time was up, and 2) i have to change the settings for the entire app for each period of time. so I have to change the interval from 10m to 1h, but i don’t get why i can’t line up different timers amost like my iphone...
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.