••• Trusted by over 5M users worldwide •••
Staying on task seems is a real challenge for our screen-bound generation. The Be Focused lets you get things done by breaking up individual tasks among discrete intervals, separated by short breaks. It’s a surprisingly effective way to retain motivation and focus. Create tasks, configure breaks and track your progress throughout the day, week or custom period.
- Start, pause, or skip intervals
- Auto-start the next timer (option)
- Customize the timer settings to maximize productivity:
• Work interval duration
• Short break duration
• Long break duration
• Number of intervals between long breaks
• Target number of intervals per day
- Manage your tasks
- Specify different timer settings for different tasks
- Add notes and due dates to tasks
- Estimate the number of intervals required to complete a task and track the estimation error
- View and manage completed intervals
- Customize reports for fast and easy goal tracking
- Ability to paste a task list from other apps
- Global hotkeys to start or stop the timer from any app
- Optional chronometer ticking sound
- Customizable frequency of the chronometer sound
- Wide range of alarm sounds
- Ability to adjust alarm and chronometer volumes
- Launch at startup (option)
- Also available for iPhone and iPad*
- Dark and Light mode support
- Optimized for Mac with M1
Upgrade to Pro version to:
- Sync data between iPhone, iPad and Mac *
- Block distracting apps and websites
- Use tags and filters to keep focussed
- Export data to a CSV file
- Auto backup your account data daily
- Integrate with Focus Matrix to manage tasks using urgent/important principle **
- Remove banners and ads
* Sync with iOS devices requires Be Focused Pro for iOS, sold separately.
** Integration with Focus Matrix requires the Pro version of Focus Matrix, sold separately.
• Improved synchronization
• Added option to toggle sound on shortcut activation
• Minor fixes and improvements
Ratings and Reviews
Great UI + frictionless pomodoro app
I’ve realized a big bump in focus from utilizing this pomodoro app. I’ve tried others in the past, but this one seems to be optimal for my workflow. being able to view time (in real time) on my top desktop task manager is really helpful to keep me on task. Can’t recommend enough.
Simple and functional
I really appreciate how simple this app is. Shows up in the menu bar in a minimal but informative way. The keyboard shortcuts are really helpful too! The pomodoro is really effective at getting me to work productively. Great app.
not what i hoped.
I don’t really get why everyone raves about this app. I needed a timer app that will tell me when 10 min is up so that after, i could switch to another activity that might take longer. for example, i want to spend 10m washing the dishes and then have a sound telling me 10m is up, and then i want to spend 1h writing a paper. But this app, though it fits nicely in my menu bar, is too simple to work like that. 1) the sound didn’t go off when my time was up, and 2) i have to change the settings for the entire app for each period of time. so I have to change the interval from 10m to 1h, but i don’t get why i can’t line up different timers amost like my iphone...
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- User Content
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Denys Ievenko
- 25 MB
- Requires macOS 10.13 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2023 Xwavesoft
- In-App Purchases
- Upgrade to Be Focused Pro $6.99
Some in‑app purchases, including subscriptions, may be shareable with your family group when Family Sharing is enabled.