Staying on task seems is a real challenge for our screen-bound generation. The Be Focused lets you get things done by breaking up individual tasks among discrete intervals, separated by short breaks. It’s a surprisingly effective way to retain motivation and focus. Create tasks, configure breaks and track your progress throughout the day, week or custom period. Use either your iPhone, iPad or Mac – your devices always stay in sync.
- Start, pause, or skip intervals
- Auto-start the next timer (option)
- Customize the timer settings to maximize productivity:
• Work interval duration
• Short break duration
• Long break duration
• Number of intervals between long breaks
• Target number of intervals per day
- Manage your tasks
- Specify different timer settings for different tasks
- Add notes, tags and due dates to tasks
- Use filters by tags and due dates to keep focussed on the most important tasks
- Block distracting apps and websites during work intervals
- Estimate the number of intervals required to complete a task and track the estimation error
- View and manage completed intervals
- Export data to a CSV file
- Customize reports for fast and easy goal tracking
- Ability to paste a task list from other apps
- Global hotkeys to start or stop the timer from any app
- Optional chronometer ticking sound
- Customizable frequency of the chronometer sound
- Wide range of alarm sounds
- Ability to adjust alarm and chronometer volumes
- Launch at startup (option)
- Dark and Light mode support
- Optimized for Mac with M1
- Integration with Focus Matrix to manage tasks using Eisenhower's urgent/important principle*
- Syncs between iPad, iPhone and Mac**
- Also available for iPhone and iPad
* Integration with Focus Matrix requires the Pro version of Focus Matrix, sold separately.
** Sync with iOS devices requires Be Focused Pro for iOS, sold separately.
• Improved synchronization
• Added option to toggle sound on shortcut activation
• Minor fixes and improvements
Ratings and Reviews
Elegant, robust, simple and fantastic dev support
Full disclosure, I didn’t give all 5 stars to begin with because the product was broken. But now that the pro version is fixed the fact that the dev team is super helpful, and mostly how quick they were to address my issue. I have to say this product is simple elegant, and yet robust for tasking. I whole heartedly recommend all five stars. I have used a lot of tasking products, and I like how quick it is. The support is there too. Pro tip, It is even better when paired with Focus Matrix.
Many Small Inconveniences
Doesn’t sync state well between iOS and Mac.
If you started working without starting the timer, there’s no way to scroll the time forward a few minutes.
dislike the pro logo
okay, very picky, but i wish the pro version didn't have the little yellow pro in the icon. I feel like it looks less polished than the free icon. It would make more sense to have the free one say lite or something and have the pro one be minimal.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- User Content
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Denys Ievenko
- 25.1 MB
- Requires macOS 10.13 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2023 Xwavesoft
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.