Disk Speed Test is an easy to use tool to quickly measure and certify your disk performance for working with high quality video! Simply click the start button and Disk Speed Test will write test your disk using large blocks of data, and then display the result. Disk Speed Test will continue to test writes and reads from your disk so you can evaluate both performance and readability over time.
Improve UI to support faster disks.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Thank you. It is useful
All looks good. A few things could be considered to improve.
1) - The dashboard NOT showing the target disk drive, so you never know what are you testing
2) - Choose the target drive need to be easy option directly on a dashboard, not thru the setting
3) - The RED button color is not obvious indication the test is going. You have to change note inside the button from start test to test is continuously on or something appropriate
Once again, thank you for your software
Fix for crash on launch...
1. Open Finder.
2. Go to Applications folder.
3. Right click on Blackmagic Disk Speed Test and click Show Package Contents
4. Open Contents folder and then MacOS folder.
5. Open the DiskSpeedTest inside.
Blackhole then, shines now.
June 2017: Earlier Version 2.2.2 no longer works. New Version 3.1 crashes on launch.
Jan 2018: now works on 10.12 .6
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.