This is the Legacy Blink Shell. Download the new free Blink Shell & Code instead from https://itunes.apple.com/app/id1594898306. All previous users are grandfathered!
This is the Legacy version of Blink Shell. Download the new free version Blink Shell instead from https://itunes.apple.com/app/id1594898306.
Current users are grandfathered to keep receiving updates and new features. We are keeping this version alive to ensure a smooth transition.
Thanks for understanding.
We had no choice. We had to build Blink or we were going to jump out the window in frustration over the tools we were using. We started by analyzing what the must-haves were and we ended up grounding Blink on these four concepts:
• Fast rendering: dmesg in your Unix server should be instantaneous. We can't wait even a second to render. We didn't need to reinvent the wheel to make this happen. We simply used Chromium's HTerm to ensure that rendering is perfect and fast, even with those special, tricky encodings.
• Always on: Mosh transcends SSH's variability. Mosh overcomes the unstable and intermittent connectivity that we all associate with mobile connections. You can check your Safari without fear of having to restart the SSH connection. You can flawlessly jump from home, to the train, and then the office thanks to Mosh. Blink is rock-solid connected all the way. Mosh is readily available and can be easily installed on your server. Go to https://mosh.mit.edu.
• Best Keyboard Support: Blink embraces Bluetooth-coupled keyboards with gusto. Some like Caps as Esc on Vim, others Caps as Ctrl on Emacs. Blink champions them all. During your always-on sessions, you're in your zone.
• Custom Fonts and Themes: We know how important it is to have your terminal, your way. That's why we include a selection of fonts and themes, including Powerline variants. And if that isn't enough, you can create and add your own.
But, Blink is much more. Please read on.
• You should command your terminal, not navigate it. Blink will jump you right into a friendly shell and it'll be clear to you how to roll.
• The interface is straightforward. We dumped all menus and went full screen for your terminal. Use swipe to move between your open connections, slide down to close them, and even pinch to zoom!
• Configure your Blink connections by adding your own Hosts and PKI keys. Synchronise with iCloud. Everything will look familiar and you get to work, fast!
- We've incorporated SplitView and multiple windows, for those necessary Google searches and chats with coworkers.
Blink is open source software. Participate in our community, and don’t forget to leave us your feedback and your feature(s) requests. Enjoy!
- We continue moving everyone to the new Blink Shell & Code. All previous users are grandfathered!
- Adjustments to migration on Blink 15.
Ratings and Reviews
Perfect SSH Panel but...
I really love the integration that is offered here...the only part i missed is a capability to scroll up when using mosh, is either I have no clue how to scroll or it is not the functions, but doesnt seems listed anywhere. Other than that this apps is perfect.
Thanks for the update thats very helpful. I wish I can add extra star for the review😅
And maybe just a feature request as the PR close, I think native split screen support will be awesome 😁
Developer Response ,
Hi!! One of the limitations of Mosh is that unfortunately it doesn't have a scroll buffer. We usually recommend to pair it with tmux for that. Blink supports mouse scroll so please take a look at https://davidverhasselt.com/better-mouse-scrolling-in-tmux/ for a cool way to do it. Thanks!!
THIS IS THE SSH APP YOU KEEP LOOKING FOR
Straight up. Without getting into minor nitpicks, this is hands down the best and only SSH app you need. I’ve spent a lot of money and time on various free and paid ash terminals, but at the end of the day, NONE OF THEM WOULD USE THE FULL SCREEN REAL ESTATE. Blink uses your full screen, no menus taking up space, no status bars proving pointless info. It pretty much gets rid of the GUI (as it should be when using a Terminal) I feel like these developers are the only ones to understand the elegance and minimalism of terminals and brought the essence to mobile devices. All the other SSH apps are a waste of your time. This is the one you keep looking for at the end of another brutal mobile SSH experience. Yes I know you think it seems expensive as its not free. But it’s well worth the price. I will now actually use SSH on my phone but before this app I wrote it off as a gimmick and would just pull out my laptop and tether cellular data. This is the only SSH app I can actually use in lieu of my Linux or Mac machines. I don’t just use Terminals as a worst resort either. I truly live in them using things like byobu, Vim, MC, and a never ending list of terminal based apps. I hate GUIs with a passion. And I hate other wasted screen real estate even more. I’ll stop ranting now but trust me if you actually want to SSH/MOSH on mobile and get a similar experience to an actual laptop or desktop than this is the app you need to buy and stop wasting time with other ones lol.
Really like all the features!
And especially like the fact that there is no bloody subscription! Like some other apps
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Carlos Cabanero SL
- 57.4 MB
- Developer Tools
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 15.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 12.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2016-2022 Blink Shell Inc
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.