We had no choice. We had to build Blink or we were going to jump out the window in frustration over the tools we were using. We started by analyzing what the must-haves were and we ended up grounding Blink on these four concepts:
• Fast rendering: dmesg in your Unix server should be instantaneous. We can't wait even a second to render. We didn't need to reinvent the wheel to make this happen. We simply used Chromium's HTerm to ensure that rendering is perfect and fast, even with those special, tricky encodings.
• Always on: Mosh transcends SSH's variability. Mosh overcomes the unstable and intermittent connectivity that we all associate with mobile connections. You can check your Safari without fear of having to restart the SSH connection. You can flawlessly jump from home, to the train, and then the office thanks to Mosh. Blink is rock-solid connected all the way. Mosh is readily available and can be easily installed on your server. Go to https://mosh.mit.edu.
• Best Keyboard Support: Blink embraces Bluetooth-coupled keyboards with gusto. But there's more, because we want more. Some like Caps as Esc on Vim, others Caps as Ctrl on Emacs. Blink champions them all. During your always-on sessions, you're in your zone.
• Custom Fonts and Themes: We know how important it is to have your terminal, your way. That's why we include a selection of fonts and themes, including Powerline variants. And if that isn't enough, you can create and add your own.
But, Blink is much more. Please read on.
• You should command your terminal, not navigate it. Blink will jump you right into a friendly shell and it'll be clear to you how to roll.
• The interface is straightforward. We dumped all menus and went full screen for your terminal. Use swipe to move between your open connections, slide down to close them, and even pinch to zoom!
• Configure your Blink connections by adding your own Hosts and RSA Encryption keys. Synchronise with iCloud. Everything will look familiar and you get to work, fast!
We've incorporated SplitView, for those necessary Google searches and chats with coworkers.
Blink is open source software. Participate in our community, and don’t forget to leave us your feedback and your feature(s) requests. Enjoy!
Changes in Build 108
* Fixed Pragmata Pro (without ligatures) mu. #705
* Fixed row with image cleanup
* Fixed username from ./ssh/config. #379
* Added external screen overscan compensation modes. #708
* Speedup initial app start after new install. #734
* Updated mosh v1.3.2 (master). #609
* Updated libssh v0.9.0. #717, #711, #709, #616
Many thanks to @jakejarvis, @axot, @kkk669, @coppercash, @dmd, @pablopunk,
@hpetersen and @andrius.
Ratings and Reviews
I now leave home only with my iPad Pro!
I can now take care of my servers on the go using mosh and finally VIM properly without worrying about my sessions shutting down while « sshing ». It just made my iPad way better than it was before. I agree, there are some great alternatives out there but I’d rather give my money to developers of a FOSS. Keep up the good work!
The app that makes the iPad Relevant for some.
Blink is kind of incredible. It did everything I wanted an ssh client to do, but it also did a few things I didn’t even ask for, but ended up being really useful.
This is as close as we’ll get to having emacs on an iPad, for one. I don’t know what to say. I’ve used other ssh clients for the iPad, but now that Blink has arrived, I’m not interested in the others.
If you haven’t set up Mosh, do yourself a favour and set it up. It, plus tmux, is a game changer.
Worth every penny
I hesitated with the price tag, too. But eventually decided to buy it. I have to say it met all my expectations and MORE. It’s fast and reliable, works well with VPN. And the pragmata font itself is 200 euro if you want to buy it... highly recommended!
- Carlos Cabanero SL
- 50.5 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6S, iPhone 6S Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro 9.7-inch, iPad Pro 9.7-inch Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Wi-Fi (5th generation), iPad (5th generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro 12.9-inch (2nd generation), iPad Pro 12.9‑inch (2nd generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro 10.5-inch, iPad Pro 10.5-inch Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (11-inch) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro 12.9-inch, iPad Pro 12.9-inch Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad mini (5th generation), iPad mini (5th generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air (3rd generation), iPad Air (3rd generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2016-2019 Carlos Cabañero
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.