** Children's Technology Review Editor's Choice
“OOPS…” Blue Hat, Green Hat, Sandra Boynton’s famous and funny book, comes alive with sound and zestily ingenious interactivity. This wonderfully clever digital book app will surprise kids and grownups alike. Turkeys may also enjoy it, if they can ever figure out how to turn the dang thing on.
Three earnest animals and one misguided turkey learn colors and clothes. Though admittedly, the turkey never quite gets the hang of it.
“I have a particular fondness for Blue Hat, Green Hat. At age three, my son Devin had a surprisingly hearty laugh for a small person—a laugh that would make everyone else laugh. I created this book long ago specifically to elicit that belly-laugh from him. It was great fun to re-invent this book as an interactive e-book app, collaborating again with my endlessly clever Loud Crow friends. The digital dimension gave us so many terrific opportunities for adding theatrical flair to this spare yet decidedly Vaudeville book.” - Sandra Boynton
Far beyond any e-book experience, the Blue Hat, Green Hat interactive book app has all the magic and appeal of a traditional pop-up book, offering lively interactivity and nifty discovery.
The third Sandra Boynton book app, all of them created in collaboration between Boynton Moo Media along with the award-winning developer Loud Crow Interactive. Blue Hat, Green Hat follows their wonderful top-selling debut, The Going To Bed Book app, and the glorious bestselling Moo, Baa, La La La! app
* Touch the animals to prompt them to move and respond.
* Touch “OOPS” to cause a different surprise on each page.
* Tilt your device to watch things slide and cascade.
* Dress the turkey with colorful pop-in/pop-out clothes
* Boynton has redrawn and recolored the original illustrations, and also added new touch-animations
* Wonderful resonant and wry narration by British Invasion legend, Billy J. Kramer
* Includes a original sounds and soundtrack, “William Mattel Overture,” a melody for toy crank-guitar, written by Sandra Boynton, performed by Michael Ford
* Realistic page turning interactions just like the original board book
* “The Big Guy Reads It” narration mode with word highlighting to help improve reading skills
* Or “I want to read it myself” to hear individual words pronounced with the tap of a finger
Visit us: www.loudcrow.com
Follow us: twitter.com/loudcrowinc
Like us: facebook.com/loudcrow
iOS 10 compatibility
Bug fixes and optimizations
Ratings and Reviews
I think it is so cute I like the book the turkey was funny
So funny I love this book I also love the going to bed book!
Cute app but no sound?
My daughter loves the paper version of this book. It is fun to see the characters come to life when you tap on the screen. Unfortunately it doesn’t make any sounds when you choose the big guy setting. I expected it to read the story too but it is not working.
Tap the oops!
1) clothes on hanger with the dresser - play around with it people. Lots of fun! Change shoe colour, shorts in drawer...
2) pool - haaaahaa!
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.