Get the best out of your rides by transforming your smartphone into a motorcycle tool using the BMW Motorrad Connected app.
Use our app to build dream routes out of waypoints or import routes as a GPX file. The impressions and data you gather on the way will automatically be saved under your rides.
Simply use Bluetooth to connect with your motorcycle—which is equipped with Connectivity and TFT—and establish a connection to your communication system, if present. No matter whether you select winding or direct routes, verbal announcements and arrow indications that are easily visible in the TFT ensure that our app and your motorcycle will safely get you to your destination. Thanks to operation on the handlebars, you not only have navigation, telephony and music right at hand, but you also get an overview of the most important riding or vehicle data at the same time.
Keep other riders updated on your tours by sharing your routes, riding data and photos in an instant—with friends on social media or Rever.
We are continuously refining our app for you. Stay tuned to discover the latest functions.
Here is an overview of all the features that the BMW Motorrad Connected app currently offers you:
• Route planning and storage with waypoints
• Motorcycle-specific navigation with "winding route" route criterion
• Weather information for current location
• Route import and export (GPX files)
• Free map download for offline use
• Motorcycle navigation suitable for everyday use
• Turn indications with arrow navigation in the TFT display (verbal announcements also possible if communication system present)
• Lane recommendations
• Current traffic data
• Speed limit display
• Point-of-Interest search
• Recording distances traveled including vehicle data
• Analysis of performance values such as banking angle, acceleration and engine speed
• Route export (GPX files)
• Sharing recorded journeys and photos on social media
• Current mileage
• Tank capacity and remaining range
• Tire pressure (with RDC optional equipment)
• Service requirement
• The app is part of BMW Motorrad Connectivity and can only be used actively in combination with vehicles with a TFT display. The connection between smartphone, vehicle and communication system, if present, is established wirelessly via Bluetooth. Operation is possible using the multicontroller on the handlebars. To output music, telephony and navigation information, the use of the BMW Motorrad communication system is recommended.
• A mobile Internet connection is necessary to receive traffic data. This can result in costs in accordance with the contract between the customer and provider (such as roaming charges).
• Be aware that the functionality of your smartphone and the connection to the vehicle also depends on national requirements and conditions, and therefore cannot be guaranteed by BMW Motorrad at any time.
• The BMW Motorrad Connected app is displayed in the language configured in the smartphone. Please note that not all languages are supported.
• Continuous use of GPS localization in the background may lead to a reduced battery life.
Make Life a Ride.
This update contains stability improvements and bug fixes.
Ratings and Reviews
Still doesn’t work right
Displays the front wheel pressure as the rear and - - for the front. Started doing this on previous versions also. Had to send review with at least one star or wouldn’t post.
Not too bad
The app thinks my motorcycle is somewhere I left 3 days ago, it’s just stuck there!
It also fails to recognize that the bike IS connected, it keeps saying “connect motorcycle“ on the maps tab, even though the dash shows that it is paired and connected, and iphone Bluetooth shows that the bike is connected.
Navigation worked only the first time I paired and connected it, never again. It is now useless.
The issue above seems to have resolved itself, maybe it’s a platform issue, so I’m reconsidering my review, haven’t had any issues with it for some time now, maybe one should expect such glitches.
The app has potential as it looks good, collects a lot of vehicle data, but fails to deliver on navigation.
The app is not intuitive. When importing a route there are no tools to rename a waypoint or rename a favourite after it is saved. A favourite ends up with some non descriptive name but there doesn’t appear to be able to change it. Nor are there any help options.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- User Content
- Search History
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- BMW NORTH AMERICA, LLC
- 276.7 MB
- Requires iOS 13.5 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.5 or later.
English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Turkish, Ukrainian
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2017 BMW NORTH AMERICA, LLC
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.