Simply Better. Easier-to-use, clean design, full control, and audio from more sources. Bookmobile provides a better experience for listening to audiobooks than any other app.
Try it for free! Download the app as a FREE TRIAL of up to 5 audiobooks for 60 days. If you like it, an In-App purchase will allow an unlimited number of audiobooks for $3.99 USD.
So, what do you get?
An interface optimized for listening to spoken word content, especially while driving. No sliders, dragging or other controls that are nearly impossible to get right while you are driving. Easy access to the controls that matter most while listening.
Get, play and manage audio content from a wide variety of sources: iTunes, Audible.com, Librivox.org, CDs, public library downloads, RSS feeds, Dropbox, and more.
Auto-Bookmarks make it easy to find your place.
Customizable, exportable bookmarks (name, color, and notes) to keep track of special audio passages.
Complete control over audio files:
- Reorder parts/episodes.
- Change title of audiobooks, podcasts, parts, episodes.
- Cover artwork can be added or replaced -- just a simple copy-and-paste of any image from web or photo library.
- Download/delete/re-download audio files whenever you want.
Audio File Types Supported:
- DRM-enabled content (from Audible.com or iTunes Store)
- non-DRM content (from web downloads, CDs, etc.)
- M4B audiobooks, including chapters, artwork
- MP3 audio files, including artwork, ID3 tags
- import individual audio files, folders of audio files, or Zip archives (including artwork image files)
Audio Import Options:
- add from on-device iTunes Library
- use your computer's web browser
- use iTunes File Sharing (no syncing required)
- Open in... Bookmobile from other apps, including Dropbox, Mail or Safari
- download from websites or local computer
Download straight into the app from iTunes Store, Librivox.org, and ListenUp Audiobooks.
- Easy access from main screen,
- Shake to add time before or after expiration,
- Auto-screen dimming,
- Stop at the current chapter end, or any number of minutes.
- easily search and browse through thousands of podcasts,
- import from RSS feed,
- import in mass from OPML file,
- check for new episodes in all your podcasts or each individually,
- customize artwork and titles,
- bookmarks fully supported with name, notes, and color,
- specify play order priorities (oldest, newest, next newest, etc) for each podcast,
- specify auto-download settings (limits, wifi-requried, replacement policy) for each podcast,
- specify skip amounts (opening, closing, driving mode) for each podcast.
Playback Speed can be adjusted from slightly faster (10%) to double speed, with lots of options in-between.
- 30-sec skip (or your custom value)
AirPlay support allows redirection of audio output.
Mix audiobooks and podcast episodes in playlist.
Ratings and Reviews
Ok, but I’m about to look elsewhere.
I’ve been using this for several years however the constant restart the book from the beginning thing, and the dated interface are becoming too much. There has been basically no core function changes since I bought this.
What I liked most when I got it was the upload directly from any computer function. Now the major competitor has iCloud, Dropbox and other cloud drive support. Also would expect car play integration by now, and that stupid restart bug to be eliminated - that’s inexcusable. Maybe there is a ‘work around’, but I’m not interested - it should just work.
This was once a very good app
I used this for a few years but unfortunately it doesn’t really resume properly at all anymore and the problem just seems to be getting worse with each update. I imagine it has to do with iPhone updates but that really doesn’t make any difference in the end. It has become unusable.
A Mixed Bag
This is a decent app that has some defects and omissions. Good: excellent solution for moving backwards and forwards in the audiobook, sleep timer, playback speed adjustment, many ways to add files. Bad: no search function for playlist titles, some Earphones won’t resume play when stopped, and require manually starting with phone, no watch app, sometimes restarts books from the start randomly (this has only happened a few times In 2 months use), extremely dated user interface look and feel. Basically it gets the job done, and for my needs it works. Lack of search function is very annoying.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Freshmowed Software
- 60.5 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2020 Freshmowed Software
- In-App Purchases
- Play Unlimited Audiobooks and Podcasts $5.49
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.