Bria Mobile - Your VoIP SIP Softphone for Everyday Business Communication.
Stay connected wherever you go, leveraging your call server or VoIP service. Includes HD audio and video support, along with XMPP & SIP SIMPLE support.
Subscription not charged if cancelled within trial period. Please note, in-app subscription purchases are not supported through Family Sharing. Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase.
Additional Subscription Information:
• Subscriptions will be automatically renewed within 24-hours prior to following subscription period. Please check user's Account Setting to disable auto-renewal.
• Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable.
• Highly secure, SIP-based softphone with exceptional voice quality
• Pre-defined VoIP provider list available when adding new accounts
• Multitasking support for background operation, such as fielding incoming calls while using other applications and Push Support
• Audio codecs including G.722, Opus & SILK + G.711a/u, G.729
• Video in 720p HD on iPhone 5 or later
• Supported accessories include headphones, AirPods & other Bluetooth™ devices
• Available in the following languages: English, Chinese, French, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, German & Spanish.
• IPv4/IPv6 support
STANDARD PHONE FEATURES
• Messaging & Presence – XMPP & SIP SIMPLE support
• Support for up to 25 accounts on any SIP-compliant server
• Contact List & Favorites leveraging the device’s native contact directory
• Call display & voicemail indicator
• Speaker, mute & hold functions
• Call history of received, missed & dialed calls
• Call recording
• Ringtones & contact avatars
• Dial plan support
• Multiple call support – swap between 2 active calls, merge/split calls, transfer calls
• Support for DTMF to enter numbers to use an auto attendant
• VPN support
• Advanced settings that enable users to control network traversal and media options
• Security and encryption via TLS & SRTP
• DNS SRV record lookups & call quality statistics
IMPORTANT VOIP OVER MOBILE/CELLULAR DATA NOTICE
Some mobile network operators may prohibit or restrict the use of VoIP functionality over their network and may also impose additional fees, or other charges in connection with VoIP. You agree to learn and abide by your cellular carrier's network restrictions. CounterPath Corporation will not be held liable for any charges, fees or liability imposed by your carrier for use of VoIP over Mobile/Cellular Data.
CounterPath's Bria mobile products provide handling designed to redirect emergency calls to the Native Cellular Dialer when possible on a best reasonable commercial efforts basis, however this functionality is also dependent on the operating system of the mobile phone which is outside of our control and subject to change at any time. As a result, the official position of CounterPath is that CounterPath’s Bria product is not intended, designed, or fit for placing, carrying or supporting Emergency Calls. CounterPath will not be liable for any costs or damages arising either directly or indirectly from the use of the software for Emergency Calls.
Bria Mobile 6.4.1
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Je veux renouveler mon abonnement mais pour un an. L’application m’offre seulement $1.39 / mois. Comment faire pour renouveler un ans
Developer Response ,
Hi Anthony, Bria Mobile's subscriptions are offered by the App Store, so please contact Apple to provide your feedback regarding subscriptions. https://www.apple.com/ca/contact/
Will not pay for new subscription
I, like all the others here, will NOT pay for a subscription for this app. I also paid for the codecs and the extra features just be denied access and would have to relicense the codecs again by upgrading. Definitely feel shafted.
This type of app should not be a subscription if there is no actual VoIP service to go along with it.
Bad move CounterPath.
Developer Response ,
Hello, Thank you for your feedback.
Bria Mobile has all the premium features built-in, so the codecs and extra features don’t need to be purchased separately. By moving to a subscription model, CounterPath is able to offer new services such as Push, while aligning with the rest of the software industry.
For more on this topic, please visit https://blog.counterpath.com/2675/announcing-the-release-of-the-new-bria-mobile . The old app is also still available to you in the App Store app's Purchased category and can be reinstalled. Please also send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll give you a promo code for Bria Mobile. Best Regards, CounterPath
Push gateway is a game changer!
This is a great app!
I paid for Bria “Classic” and used it for years. It was, by far, the best of the dozen or so VoIP apps I used. This new app is better, and a monthly fee is perfectly reasonable.
Offering push notifications is a HUGE win. It means the app doesn’t have to run in the background and maintain an active network connection to your SIP server all the time. That wears down battery fast (because your cell/wifi radios have to kick in much more often). Now that work is all off-loaded to the Bria servers and they just ping your phone when the app needs to start/wake up. You can quit the app entirely and it will still ring when needed. It’s magical!
I have several VoIP accounts, some with big name providers and some self hosted on my own little FreePBX system. It’s a piece of cake to turn this on for all of them. Though a bit of reading is with your while to understand the different modes.
Running that kind of infrastructure isn’t free. Their push gateway is now mission critical for every Bria customer using this feature. They have to pay for the hardware, and staff that monitors those things, 24/7, including weekends, holidays, etc. This is no small thing. Paying $1.30 CAD/month is totally worth it. I sure don’t want to be the person monitoring that on Christmas Day.
My few gripes: With multiple accounts that have SMS enabled, there seems to be no easy way to pick which account to use when initiating a new SMS conversation. This would be a nice plus.
Also, while I get notification banners, I don’t seem to get any badges over the app icon when incoming SMS messages arrive. Those would be nice.
Developer Response ,
Hi Joe, thank you for the fantastic review and feedback! Please know I'll bring your feedback to our Product Team! Take care
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- User Content
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- CounterPath Corporation
- 103.7 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
English, Arabic, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2020 CounterPath Corporation
- In-App Purchases
- Monthly plan $1.39
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.
Get things done within this app using just your voice.