BTT Remote (BTT stands for BetterTouchTool) is a great remote control for your Mac. It allows you to take almost full control over your Mac and all the apps installed on it.
BTT Remote is free, however it requires BetterTouchTool running on your Mac (you can download a 45 day trial from www.bttremote.com)
Your iPhone must be in the same WiFi network as your Mac, enterprise networks may not work.
Note: BTT Remote will not work with Microsoft Windows
• Includes a nice trackpad to control your Mac's mouse cursor. The trackpad also supports basic multitouch gestures
• Remotely type or dictate text to your Mac
• Remotely access media keys from your Mac's keyboard (play/pause, change the volume, change the brightness for internal and external displays, etc. )
• Remotely access and use any app's menubar
• Configure global actions that work in every application.
• Assign custom icons to each action you configure.
• Configure arbitrary app specific actions for any application you want. With those actions you can control almost anything on your Mac. If you want to see what is possible please checkout BetterTouchTool first.
• Browse your file system (e.g. to start a movie or application while lying in bed)
• Transfer files (up to 6 MB) from your Mac to your iPhone and view them or share them there.
• Navigate between different applications
• Ability to increase cursor size and zoom the screen for convenient control while e.g. sitting on your couch.
• The iPhone version is designed to allow full control with only one hand
• Supports portrait and landscape mode
• Many settings to customize the app
• Very easy to use
Please use the built-in feedback reporter to submit any bug, feature request or idea you have.
- Fixed an issue with Japanese text input
- Some small dark mode fixes
- Various small bugfixes and iPhone X improvements
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
This app really makes my day to day life easier. When hooking up my macbook to my tv like a caveman, it acts like the perfect remote so I don’t have to get off my couch while watching movies.
If you have a spotty wifi connection, it can disconnect and might take a bit to connect again. But if you have good wifi, it’s great!
This app dreams up as many wonky UI choices as it’s possible pack into a single app.
That said, its trackpad works. Although three-fingers to drag, as is possible on MacOS, would be sweet. (Much faster and easier than tap-dragging. )
Sorry for criticizing an app that’s included along with BTT!
No idea how I did not come across this before.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- folivora.AI GmbH
- 6.3 MB
- Requires iOS 10 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 10 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10 or later.
- Age Rating
- © folivora.AI GmbH
- In-App Purchases
- BTT Remote PRO $9.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.