Did you know only 2% of users actually read App Store descriptions? We’re happy you’re one of the rare two percenters giving Chameleon a shot.
There are a few things that Chameleon does differently.
1. Chameleon splits up an episode’s audio into 15-second chunks. These chunks are placed in a looooong vertical list that you can navigate in.
2. You can annotate at any of these 15-second chunks. Annotations can be for yourself or to a friend. When you send a friend an annotation, they receive this episode on their Chameleon app.
3. Chameleon keeps track of the chunks you listen to and visualizes which chunks you’ve already listened to.
4. Everything is saved in the cloud so if you have two phones then podcast progress in one phone show up in the other.
Chameleon can help you with…
- Sharing and discussing podcasts you listen to with your friends. You can annotate episodes at specific timestamps to send to your friends. They can listen to the episode you sent them and respond to your annotations with their thoughts.
- Writing notes for yourself while you listen to your favorite episodes. Capture all of your insights while listening so that you can look back later on what you learned.
- Researching and saving notes on podcasts for with your coworker. Maybe you’re a podcaster or you do research on topics talked about in podcasts. You can share notes with your coworker on ideas and information you get from podcasts.
- Staying in sync with your startup co-founder. We’ve found lot’s of great content for advice and tips for starting a business in podcasts like Masters of Scale, Y Combinator, or The Indie Hackers Podcast. We found it helpful to always be up to date on each other's thoughts and insights from podcast interviews.
Chameleon’s neat features:
- Episode history progress bar splits up a 40-minute episode into fifteen-second chunks. Chameleon tracks which intervals you’ve listened to so you can always come back and resume exactly where you left off.
- Import your subscriptions from the Apple Podcast app.
- Filter and search through episodes from a podcast.
- Stream or download episodes.
- Choose to auto-download episodes from a podcast right when a new one comes out.
- Play downloaded episodes while offline.
- Create annotations at a specific timestamp.
- Add friends once you know their usernames.
- Listen to your favorite podcasts like Serial, Radiolab, The Daily, Joe Rogan Experience, Planet Money, and more than 500,000 others.
- Up to 2X speed.
- Download through wifi only or cellular.
- Authenticate using trusted companies like Facebook and Google.
Thanks for all the feedback!
In this release you dear reader get:
- Enhanced UI for when Chameleon has a bad internet connection.
- More reliable downloading for audio
Also, note that we've made some changes to the core audio player of the app. You should not see any change but it prepares Chameleon for some great features in the near future.
Ratings and Reviews
I love this app! I started listening to podcasts because a friend recommended an episode to me and I wished Chameleon existed then because it would’ve helped so much. It’s easy to share with other people and you can make comments on a specific part of a podcast. 10/10 would recommend 🙌
- Jonathan Mercer
- 25.1 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 9+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © 2018 Quaking Aspen Inc.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.