Warning: even you can draw with your fingers, this app offers the best experience with the Apple Pencil.
Most of penmen use only a pointed pen to create all their artworks. This seems incredible to realize digitally on a mobile device. Except if you have in hands the appropriate tool and an excellent app.
Calligraphy Penmanship is bringing the best experience ever to calligraphers and letters lovers to create digital artworks on a famous mobile device.
Just use it like a pointed ink pen. A tiny variation of your hand pressure will create elegant and majestic shades.
We have added a bonus to your freehand drawing: the ability to adjust to your hand the pressure and smoothness of the pen. The fineness of the strokes is really surprising.
We have found some advantages of the digital Penmanship:
- You don't need to reload your pen with ink.
- You don't need to clean your pen nibs when changing the colors.
- The undo function let you create a great number of variation of a single stroke. Free your imagination without pain.
- Flourished hands to learn and practice Penmanship.
- Learning: you can evaluate your progress with stroke by stroke exercises. Try your best to trace the models and hit the high scores. This is the best way to understand the anatomy of each letter. and each decorative curve.
- Training: with each letter, a full training page provides models to trace, guide lines and grids.
- Learn to decorate beautifully your lettering works. You can find simple patterns to trace, to change or to improve.
- Want to create your own lettering words and quotes ? Try out the text typing keyboard. How it works: type your text, validate, then trace them with embellishments and ornaments.
- A set of plain color for your pen. But also two specific effects: gradient and alternated colors. This is on of our best deal for unique lettering creations.
- A 3 day free trial is activated when you open the app for the first time. Enough time to have the pleasure to perform your lettering.
What's your next project ? Why not sending a quote to a friend, entirely created with your lettering ?
- Enhanced for iOS12
- App improvement and bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Still on the fence
I do love the app. There are just a few glitches that I wish would stop. Most importantly is it crashing... 😞 I also would like to have more options while writing with the keyboard feature. Similar to your guys calligraphy app. It sucks having to move around the template for every single letter 😳 it’s terrible pain staking! And then you get almost a whole letter write and it crashes 😞 I must say again I do love the app.i like the pen colors and choices. Maybe in the future we can know more detail on what each style the pen offers such as “when your pen is at ___ a like this I what it achieves. I dunno it can only get better ❤️🥰 especially for the price 😉
I own an iPad Pro and Apple Pen. I have been rediscovering the beauty of calligraphy. This app does help practice the strokes and learn how to use the Apple pen on a glass surface. I like the various features and possibilities thus far. I don't know of another app quite like this one. I am still using the trial version but plan on upgrading.
I love using this app with my Apple Pencil. It's quite fun.
- Etienne Nguyen Tan Hon
- 90.1 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
English, French, Simplified Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Topdune Studio 2016
- In-App Purchases
- Penmanship unlock all features $3.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.