By downloading the Motive Financial Mobile app, you consent to the installation of the app and any future updates or upgrades. You may withdraw your consent at any time by deleting or uninstalling the app from your device.
When you install the app it will ask for permission to access the following functions of your device:
• Location services – allows the app to use your device's GPS to find the nearest branch or ATM
• Camera – allows the app to use device camera to take picture of cheque
• Contacts – allows you to create new INTERAC® e-Transfer recipients by selecting from your device contacts.
Interac e-Transfer: Request Money and Autodeposit
• Autodeposit allows you to have money sent via Interac e-Transfer® automatically deposited directly into your account, without having to answer security questions.
• Request Money allows you to use the Interac e-Transfer® service to request money from anyone in Canada, via email or text message.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Needs some updates
Somewhat useful app, but falls short. Touch/Face ID also requires you to enter your access code. This needs fixing. Also, oddly you can not transfer funds with an external linked account through the app
Useless app. They obviously made it because you can’t NOT have an app
With the app you CANNOT
- use FaceID/Touch ID without also having to put in your password, which defeats the purpose
- make transfers to/from external accounts (is this not The definition of online banking? Makes no sense)
- name/rename accounts
- change order of accounts (you actually can’t do this anywhere besides changing the names so the order you want your accounts showing up in is also alphabetical)
So basically, this internet banking app doesn’t let you do any internet banking. I guess this was basically “we need an app to keep up with the world, can you make one, Steve?”
Steve: *takes out “Mobile Application Building for Dummies”*
“I can do it! Have to figure out what all these letters and symbols mean and it might take a few weeks, but everyone will be able to download an app with our name on it and then look at their balance, that’s pretty much all this book covers, cool?”
Woefully inadequate app
The Touch ID / Face ID login feature is completely broken, as the user is still required to enter the personal access code every single time.
The app is also missing the ability to transfer funds to or from linked external accounts.
Will these failings, the user might as well use the Motive website instead.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.