CARRIER BATTLES 4 GUADALCANAL is a classic hex-and-counter wargame covering the naval-air battles in the South Pacific in 1942-43
Find the Japanese and strike at them before they sink your precious carriers and prevent them from invading key points in New Guinea and in the Solomon Islands
- Solitaire play again powerful Japanese AI
- 6 historical scenarios : Coral Sea May 42, Midway June 42, Eastern Solomon Aug 42, Santa Cruz Oct 42, Guadalcanal Dec 42, Bismarck sea March 43
- Hex map with a scale of 30 miles per hex
- 40 types of warplanes, historical ships
- Naval-air search, radar, progressive intelligence gathering on enemy naval forces
- Air strikes against naval and land targets, surface battles
- Advanced damage system
- Invasion, naval bombardment
- Turn-based system
- A nice on-boarding sequence will guide the player to the depth of the game
- Available in English and in French
- No internet connection required to play against the AI
- 2-players game over internet, turn by turn
- A 7th scenario covering the landing at Bougainville and airstrikes against Rabaul in November 1943
- A 8th scenario covering the evacuation of Guadalcanal by Japanese troops in Jan/Feb 1943
- A 9th scenario covering the US invasion of Guadalcanal in August 1942
- A 10th scenario covering the US carrier raids against Japanese positions in Feb/Mar 1942
- Play Japan agains US AI
- What-ifs for the scenarios in order to test the effects of some likely events
The duration of a game is about 1-3 hours
Contact and support : email@example.com
Forum : http://cbfg.xooit.org/index.php
Review by Pocket Tactics
" Overall Carrier Battles 4 Guadalcanal is a solid WW2 naval wargame built around a great interface. It’s a realistic simulation that is accessible and fun, retaining depth while not letting the player get bogged down in menus or decisions. Fundamentally Carrier Battles succeeds because it takes the juicy technical attributes of naval games and mates it with a cracking user interface "
Some videos done by fans
- Air units with more endurance will take off sooner so that the air units loses less endurance by waiting for the airstrike to assemble
Started translating some screens into Chinese
App Store description page in German, Japanese and German
Ratings and Reviews
Lovely hex-and counter wargame!
Worth sticking with despite a few glitches in the training modules - clearly a labour of love and in any case the best rendition of a traditional paper-based wargame so far made for this platform. Nice balance of playability and detail. A few grognards (such as I, at first) might lament the absence of printed rules to refer to - but just stick with it and you will discover playing is truly an absorbing experience.
Developer Response ,
Thanks you for updating your comments
=> a Kickstarter project has been launched, come and check it out !
the PDF is part of the rewards
Turn her into the wind! Launch the strike!
Awesome app! Haven't experienced any issues and enjoying replaying my favourite war game whenever I want! I think I could even use it as a companion app to play solo on Flattop or Carrier! Well done!
I cannot stress enough how great this game is. Now with the addition of weather, clouds, etc, it is even more impressive!
Developer Response ,
Thank you, If you want to make this app even better, a Kickstarter project has been launched, come and check it out !
The game is incomprehensible. Endless training and you can't start the game till you go through it all. Waste of money.
Developer Response ,
Sorry to hear that. May be we could see together what could be be improved for the on-boarding ? This a historical wargame with depth and thus requires a bit of preparation with rules and tutorials before playing
- cyril jarnot
- 85.9 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, French, Simplified Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 9+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- © 2016 - Cyril Jarnot
- In-App Purchases
- Japan & Alternatives $1.39
- The End of Rabaul $1.39
- Revange Raids $1.39
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.