Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s (CDC) evidence-based recommendations guide infection control practices in dental offices nationally and globally; provide direction for the public, dental health care personnel (DHCP) and policymakers; and affect technology development in the dental industry.
DentalCheck is developed directly from the Infection Prevention Checklist for Dental Settings. DHCP can use this app to periodically assess practices in their facility and ensure they are meeting the minimum expectations for safe care. The infection prevention coordinator and other staff trained in infection prevention are encouraged to use this app at least annually to assess the status of their administrative policies and practices, and also engage in direct observation of personnel and patient-care practices.
While the information included in this app reflects existing evidence-based guidelines produced by the CDC, it is not intended as a replacement for more extensive guidelines.
• Check Yes/No to acknowledge compliance with a list of administrative policies or observed practices
• Summary of basic infection prevention principles and recommendations for dental health care settings
• Ability to export results for records management
Provides links to full guidelines and source documents that users can reference for more detailed background and recommendations.
- Added Spanish translations and localizations
- Bug Fixes
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- 25.9 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- © Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.