The Chemguy App has arrived!
I'm Rob Lederer and I've been a chemistry teacher for the past 36 years. I've taught all high school levels of chemistry, including AP Chemistry and IB Chemistry for the last 25 years, too! Since 2003, I have been known as Chemguy to the students outside of my classroom. My Chemguy YouTube videos have millions of views and my Chemguy.com resources have been utilized by students everywhere!
The Chemguy App, that I have personally built, has distilled my teaching career into a course that completely covers high school chemistry, AP and IB material, and first year university chemistry. Everything is covered: The Periodic Table, Compounds and Reactions, Stoichiometry, Solutions, Gases, Atomic Theory, Chemical Bonding, Molecular Shapes, Energy, Electrochemistry, Chemical Equilibrium, Acids and Bases, Organic Chemistry, Chemical Kinetics, Thermodynamics, and Calculating Uncertainty Values. Phew!
This is what you get in the Chemguy App:
1. Over 200 video lessons, where I teach all the chemistry principles, give detailed explanations, and problem-solve through all the calculations in every unit of study.
2. My entire classroom note package. All the material explained, with tables and diagrams and pictures. At the end of each lesson there are practice problems, over 1000 in all, to hone your chemistry skills.
3. Tests! I have made over 100 interactive quizzes for all the lessons, and summary unit exams, too! That's another total of over 1000 questions to practice!
4. Chemguy Messaging. After going through all of the above, is there still something that you need help with? Send me a text in the chat function of the app! Let's talk about it!
The Chemguy App is free to download. The first unit of study, Compounds and Reactions, is a free preview for all the videos, notes, problems, quizzes and the unit exam. If you like what you see, and you want the to unlock the rest of the 13 chemistry units of study, it costs $2.00 US. Two bucks total...not two bucks per unit...two bucks TOTAL!
I hope you think that's reasonable. I had a great 35 year classroom career, and now that I'm retired from that, I'd like to continue to help students learn and appreciate the wonderful science of chemistry. Through the app, I am hoping to continue to assist young people in succeeding in their chemistry courses, with the aim of arriving at their chosen career path.
So, watch the videos, read the notes, do the practice problems, have fun with the quizzes and cap each unit off with the exam. And if something is bugging you, chemistry-wise, send me a message and let's chat about it!
If you want to know more about me, what I've done and what I continue to do, please visit my website, Chemguy.com!
Updated Chemistry Notes
Ratings and Reviews
Having everything you need to do well in chemistry, all in one place, and always with you on the go, makes doing well in the class infinitely easier. Buying the full version might just be the best two dollars you’ll ever spend!
ChemGuy is the best teacher ever!
With his help I was able to not only learn a lot, but pass my chemistry courses with flying colours. Not only in high school, but in my undergraduate studies as well. I’d recommend his courses to anyone taking chemistry in first year university/ college (to build a fantastic foundation) or high school.
Excellent resource for chemistry students
Great organization of topics in the notes packages. Chemguy videos included. Quizzes, practice tests. This is a great app. Well done, Chemguy!
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Rob Lederer
- 91.3 MB
- Requires iOS 11.4 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.4 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.4 or later.
- Requires macOS 11 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © Lederer Educational Services Inc. 2003
- In-App Purchases
- Complete Chemguy Course Entry $2.79
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.